Register Now
Kane99

Video games with time travel

On 8/23/2022 at 4:14 AM, Kane99 said:

Yeah Prince of Persia is a good pick as well. I remember hearing great things about it when it came out, but sadly I have never played the Sands of Time game, or any of the recent ones that came out like 10-20 years ago at this point. I'll have to check them out one of these days. 

Yeah, it was good one that's worth it. Even the movie too was a great addiction to with the mechanics of time exploitation. 

On 8/24/2022 at 6:00 PM, Clasher said:

I think that was exactly the same story as the movie, the dagger had the abilities to turn back time.

Did you watch the movie as well?

I didn't get to play the game but it was quite popular.

Yeah, I watched it and I still remember every scene in it the movie. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, it was good one that's worth it. Even the movie too was a great addiction to with the mechanics of time exploitation. 

Yeah prince of Persia was kinda ahead of it's time. As for the movie, I'm not a fan of it. The fact it's made by Disney weirds me out. And having a white dude play the main character was weird to me. Same with the female lead. 

I wish I had a dagger like that to run back time lol. 

On 8/28/2022 at 7:44 PM, Kane99 said:

Yeah prince of Persia was kinda ahead of it's time. As for the movie, I'm not a fan of it. The fact it's made by Disney weirds me out. And having a white dude play the main character was weird to me. Same with the female lead. 

I wish I had a dagger like that to run back time lol. 

True what you said about Disney making the movie. They were even more of a thing back then than they are now with how they have been running things which is ugly in most cases. 

As for dagger to travel through time, who wouldn't like to have one? It's a took for a perfect manipulation of time. 

BioShock Infinite is a good example of a game with time travel as you get to see two parallel worlds and you get to see the light house when you play this game. I like playing it on my Xbox 360 instead of a Playstation. 

10 minutes ago, Ajibusu said:

BioShock Infinite is a good example of a game with time travel as you get to see two parallel worlds and you get to see the light house when you play this game. I like playing it on my Xbox 360 instead of a Playstation. 

I actually came across an article that says the opposite about how Bioshock Infinite sucks at Time traveling. I kind of agree with it to some extent. 

You should take a look 

https://dispatches.cheatcc.com/270

1 minute ago, Heatman said:

I actually came across an article that says the opposite about how Bioshock Infinite sucks at Time traveling. I kind of agree with it to some extent. 

You should take a look 

https://dispatches.cheatcc.com/270

That doesn't deny the fact that it is fantastic game for a start. I believe the makers will get better with reviews as this. I have read that before and it doesn't change how I feel about Bioshock Infinite. 

Just now, Ajibusu said:

That doesn't deny the fact that it is fantastic game for a start. I believe the makers will get better with reviews as this. I have read that before and it doesn't change how I feel about Bioshock Infinite. 

Yes, generally the game is good. There's no doubt about it. It's only on the part of its time travel mechanics that it didn't live up to expectations. I believe that they can do better in the next release if they are planning on one. 

20 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I do remember quite a few games where you're either sent to the past or future to save humanity but a game that actively uses time travel? Don't quite recall such a game.

Trinity Continuum is a typical good example of a game where you're either sent to the past or future to save humanity. I can't think of any that's more detailed than it. 

On 8/29/2022 at 6:00 PM, Heatman said:

True what you said about Disney making the movie. They were even more of a thing back then than they are now with how they have been running things which is ugly in most cases. 

As for dagger to travel through time, who wouldn't like to have one? It's a took for a perfect manipulation of time. 

It's just weird looking back at Disney making a game based off of a gaming franchise. I never would have thought something like that happening. 

For sure, being able to go back and correct certain things would be cool. Only downside is that you can alter time, and I imagine there's a ton of risks involved there. 

4 hours ago, Kane99 said:

It's just weird looking back at Disney making a game based off of a gaming franchise. I never would have thought something like that happening. 

I'm not surprised, to be honest, as Disney has a track record of taking other "franchises" (and fairy tales) and streamlining it for their audiences. Sometimes they'd just "borrow" from real life cultures and historic figures too. 

18 hours ago, Akun said:

I'm not surprised, to be honest, as Disney has a track record of taking other "franchises" (and fairy tales) and streamlining it for their audiences. Sometimes they'd just "borrow" from real life cultures and historic figures too. 

Most of these companies do it all the time. The smart one's knows how to change up just about what's going put them in a legal issue. Disney have been very good at for years now, so it's not a surprise at all. 

On 9/2/2022 at 11:47 PM, Akun said:

True. Disney has made movies/shows based off of many franchises. A lot of the stuff they do is part of the public domain. Like picking from greek mythology when they made Hercules for example. 

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

True. Disney has made movies/shows based off of many franchises. A lot of the stuff they do is part of the public domain. Like picking from greek mythology when they made Hercules for example. 

True, but they've also borrowed from real life figures and cultures like the real life figure of Pocahontas in Pocahontas and South-East Asian culture in Raya and the Last Dragon. As a Singaporean from South-East Asia... the latter puts me off. But whatever.