Register Now
Kane99

Video games with time travel

On 9/5/2022 at 11:39 PM, killamch89 said:

Now that I think about it, Zelda Oracle Of Ages had time travel with the Time Portal (If I'm remember correctly).

Yeah, that's very correct about time traveling in Zelda Oracle Of Ages. It's made possible with the use of Harp of Ages which makes allow you to travel between the present day to 300+ years in past. 

On 9/11/2022 at 1:34 PM, Heatman said:

Yeah, that's very correct about time traveling in Zelda Oracle Of Ages. It's made possible with the use of Harp of Ages which makes allow you to travel between the present day to 300+ years in past. 

Wasn't sure - was going entirely off memory there. I'm almost certain there was another Zelda game with time travel in it but I can't quite remember...

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Wasn't sure - was going entirely off memory there. I'm almost certain there was another Zelda game with time travel in it but I can't quite remember...

Both Majora’s Mask and Skyward Sword had time manipulation mechanics used it. In Majora’s Mask, you can repeat the same three day cycle in order to circumvent the end of the world as well as have the ability to speed up time. 

On 11/8/2022 at 8:09 AM, Justin11 said:

I remember I dishonoured you could instantly jump from an easy looking section to a horrifying version of it while still remaining on the same map and you could control time and explore the same map in different eras.

Came in here to mention Dishonored 2 having a level based entirely around time travel. Titanfall 2 also has a level that is done in the same style where the player jumps back and forth between two time periods and it's one of the most memorable sections of that game for me.

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time has a large emphasis on time travel and time manipulation, and I think it might be the game I've played with the biggest usage of a time travel mechanic that's part of the gameplay loop.

On 11/9/2022 at 11:47 AM, Moonface said:

Came in here to mention Dishonored 2 having a level based entirely around time travel. Titanfall 2 also has a level that is done in the same style where the player jumps back and forth between two time periods and it's one of the most memorable sections of that game for me.

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time has a large emphasis on time travel and time manipulation, and I think it might be the game I've played with the biggest usage of a time travel mechanic that's part of the gameplay loop.

Good shout on the Ratchet & Clank game - too bad I don't have a PS5. I'm totally not crying *sobs* I just got something in my eye.

On 11/9/2022 at 5:47 PM, Moonface said:

Titanfall 2 also has a level that is done in the same style where the player jumps back and forth between two time periods and it's one of the most memorable sections of that game for me.

I haven't played Titanfall 2 but it's actually cool they have time travel in the game, I have only ever played a few games that do.

One video game that I've played, that has time travel is Elder Scrolls; Skyrim. Once you've unlocked a few maps, it will allow you to "time travel" rather than walk to your location. Good feature, but can defeat the principle of the game. Wonder if we will ever have time travel in real life. 

The only few video games that I've played that had time travel in it was Sonic CD, Legend of Legaia, and Chrono Trigger. I still need to go back and finish Chrono Trigger someday, I own the game on the PS1. I know that version runs a bit slower than the original SNES version, but it's got animated cutscenes that look fantastic. I love Sonic CD, I never been able to collect all the time stones, but I always manage to make a good future by destroying the animal capsules in the past stages. I also love Legend of Legaia, there's only a small part of that game where you go back in time. It's my favorite RPG on the PS1! Though unfortunately it's right at that part that the PS3 can't read the game... So not all games are backwards compatible fully on the PS3 which is a shame.

Edited by Ravenfreak