Register Now
kingpotato

I got addicted to dumb dirty videos of Indian Street food

Yes I have to admit it, it started during the beggining of the pandemic

While watching facebook videos I came across some Indian street food clips, they looked interesting until I you notice how fucking nasty those places are, I mean dude is mixing vegetables with the food with his bare hands, no gloves, no water to wash his hands and if they use a rag they will just use the same old brown shit looking rag.

And whats worse I cant stop watching them!!!

6 hours ago, Clasher said:

I usually come across these sort of videos on Facebook, the food sometimes look interesting but the environment In which they are made and how they are made would discourage you from ever thinking about trying them out.

Yeah some of the food does look good, like the Dosas, those look very tasty but there is not one single indian food restaurant in my city xD

One thing I know about indian culture is thag they mostly eat with their hands which is okay I guess but dude if someone is cooking my meal they should at least wear gloves or use a spoon or something you know

49 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Yeah some of the food does look good, like the Dosas, those look very tasty but there is not one single indian food restaurant in my city xD

One thing I know about indian culture is that they mostly eat with their hands which is okay I guess but dude if someone is cooking my meal they should at least wear gloves or use a spoon or something you know

Cooking standards vary wildly all over the planet. This may be the norm and totally acceptable in India. Hell, things like that are done here in the states in some locations. I know when I worked at Pizza Hut, we weren't required to wear gloves or anything. We used our bare hands to make the pizzas. A lot of mom & pop restaurants are like that too. It is what it is. But at least the guy in the video is using his right hand to cook and leaving his left hand away from the food.

AHAHA, I grew up in places around asia so I'm used to seeing and knowing certain street food are prepared like that. 🤣

indian food are some of my favorites, though if the place is really really filthy I will avoid it, though if there is a decent crowd and the food is good its fine...

there's a certain acceptable compromise for me when it comes to street food of various countries. 😉

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

One thing I know about indian culture is thag they mostly eat with their hands which is okay I guess but dude if someone is cooking my meal they should at least wear gloves or use a spoon or something you know

actually tons of cultures across the world eat with their hands. 🤣 after all, that's how our ancestors all would eat, no? like the ancient hunter-gatherers.

a lot of asian countries also eat with their hands. hint: (it adds flavor) 🤣

anyway, there's this youtube food channel that I love watching, it's an american guy, whose name is sunny(sonny?) and he was once very fat, but got sick of it, became fit enough, and then travels the world now trying different food from different cultures.

he has a great sense of humor too. check his channel for his vids on indian food.

Edited by Gonassis

On 8/20/2022 at 6:48 PM, Gonassis said:

actually tons of cultures across the world eat with their hands. 🤣 after all, that's how our ancestors all would eat, no? like the ancient hunter-gatherers.

a lot of asian countries also eat with their hands. hint: (it adds flavor) 🤣

anyway, there's this youtube food channel that I love watching, it's an american guy, whose name is sunny(sonny?) and he was once very fat, but got sick of it, became fit enough, and then travels the world now trying different food from different cultures.

he has a great sense of humor too. check his channel for his vids on indian food.

Eating with hands is quite normal in man parts of the world though.

I have had the opportunity to eat some street food and to honest they test really good, I have eaten the bean cake, massa made from baked rice and eaten with a vegetable sauce really tasty and many too numerous to mention.

Some are made on the streets but around areas where it is quite clean looking but some are made near the sewers and drainage paths and places like this is where it becomes quite irritating to buy some street food from.

32 minutes ago, Clasher said:

Eating with hands is quite normal in man parts of the world though.

I have had the opportunity to eat some street food and to honest they test really good, I have eaten the bean cake, massa made from baked rice and eaten with a vegetable sauce really tasty and many too numerous to mention.

Some are made on the streets but around areas where it is quite clean looking but some are made near the sewers and drainage paths and places like this is where it becomes quite irritating to buy some street food from.

I've also traveled around to different countries and done that. 😉

Eating with hands on the street is not an issue to me, but like what you said, the ones that prepare and sell street food near the gutters are the ones I probably stay away from. 😅💦

Edited by Gonassis
typo

There are a few Indian restaurants here but I've never really tried the Indian Street food before. One thing I do know is that they cook with A LOT of pepper. I mean, I'm fine with spicy food but why so much pepper with the simplest of meals? I bet when they prepare every meal the first instruction after putting water in the pot is to add truckloads of pepper. I thought I was bad with adding lots of hot sauce to everything including ice cream - I'm just kidding by the way about the ice cream thing lol.