Register Now
DC

Amazon's adding voice-powered gaming to big name games with Alexa Game Control

11 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I read more into what they are offering with these voice options and honestly I think it's really cool. Not only will it help with accessibility for some, it could be a useful tool to interact with your game even better. Talking to NPCs and stuff, doing certain commands and so on. It sounds a lot more advanced than what I first thought. 

I do agree with you there. First and foremost, it's going to make playing video games very easy in ways that we can't imagine. All the struggle most people have with playing with controllers would be eliminated completely. Hey, we get to stop worrying about replacing our controllers 😂

13 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I read more into what they are offering with these voice options and honestly I think it's really cool. Not only will it help with accessibility for some, it could be a useful tool to interact with your game even better. Talking to NPCs and stuff, doing certain commands and so on. It sounds a lot more advanced than what I first thought. 

Hmmm, well I think that's better than what I initially thought, also, there's also that subsection of gamers that "accessibility" options or controls will be hugely useful for. 😀

It could also be a good thing for blind gamers as well. Imagine people playing with their voices. Of course they would probably play games that mostly feature sound, but I could see blind people able to play some games. 

23 hours ago, Heatman said:

These companies are always in the habit of buying up smaller companies and merging it with their own in order to make their company is bigger. It has been the order of the day for a very long time now, it's why we were able to see Microsoft purchase Activision Blizzard recently. 

I guess but what I'm saying and what @Kane99 alluded to previously is that just like Google, Amazon doesn't spend the time to improve most of their offerings unless they see an immediate benefit from doing that. Even then, they tend to take forever to roll out updates unless they're losing lots of money.

6 hours ago, Kane99 said:

It could also be a good thing for blind gamers as well. Imagine people playing with their voices. Of course they would probably play games that mostly feature sound, but I could see blind people able to play some games. 

It's completely not going to work for blind gamers in my opinion. Yes, they have their voice but without their sight, playing video games will be an impossible task for them to get into even with the voice tech for a player. It's only those that are handicap in their arms that are going to get a relief. 

On 8/31/2022 at 3:57 PM, Heatman said:

It's completely not going to work for blind gamers in my opinion. Yes, they have their voice but without their sight, playing video games will be an impossible task for them to get into even with the voice tech for a player. It's only those that are handicap in their arms that are going to get a relief. 

Yeah, it still can't really help blind people get into gaming but it can definitely benefit physically challenged people.

On 9/2/2022 at 12:44 AM, killamch89 said:

Yeah, it still can't really help blind people get into gaming but it can definitely benefit physically challenged people.

A lot more needs to be done for people with disabilities because they are going through a lot. This video was very tough and touching for me. 

On 9/11/2022 at 2:23 PM, Heatman said:

A lot more needs to be done for people with disabilities because they are going through a lot. This video was very tough and touching for me. 

There's also gaming using some kind of tech that reads brainwaves which is still in its early experimental stage and likely will be way more expensive than Alexa voice commands but there is tech in the works.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

There's also gaming using some kind of tech that reads brainwaves which is still in its early experimental stage and likely will be way more expensive than Alexa voice commands but there is tech in the works.

Sadly, if they were to finally have it developed and out for public usage, it's only the wealthy few that can be able to afford it, unless the government decides to help and subsidise it which they hardly do in most cases. 

On 8/31/2022 at 1:08 AM, Kane99 said:

That's sounds really cool though, I would definitely like to give it a try.

Amazon has always been a really innovative company.