Register Now
Empire Of Sight

Empire Of Sight - The MMORPG I've been making.

Hiya Guys ^.^,

It's been an awesome time here on VGR so far and want to say thank you for being kind ,welcoming as well all the great content and conversations.

So long story short I've been making Empire Of Sight for almost a year now, I started with just a concept and zero experience in terms of creating , layering, or in general making a game by hand. I've been involved in gaming since I was young and even ran a few businesses revolving around the gaming industry. I started this project December 2021 as a game for a community that I was apart of and happened to have a friend I had met who was a fullstack developer as well really passionate about wanting to create something he could own a part of.

We both started with almost zero skills in regards to development but we've kept running and have finally gotten to a point where we are about to release our "Prototype" of the game. We've already run the beta stages and decided to make the prototype much easier to level/higher damage than the Main Game we will launch in November but its still a fun little way to get to know the games "concept" as well a way to get some cool items in "NFT" form that you'll be able to use in the Main Game. 

I played a few P2E games last year and seen that they were all pretty rough in the terms of Web3 as well Web2 designs.. They all missed the mark by either being "just print money" or without any real "game" at its core so I started my grind in the hopes of producing a fun game for a lot of my friends and close community members who wanted to be able to own their assets / transfer them to future games in the blockchain form as well sell to others if anyone would want them of course 😄

Empire Of Sight is not a "mint to earn game" it's a monthly subscription based MMORPG with no promises of earned income or fancy pie charts, it's just my take on what I see Web3 being while using Web2 or as Id like to say the games we grew up on no matter what console it was. I'm not sure what to expect long term with the games I'm making but I really enjoy it and see a potential in the future for games like this even if they aren't going to have 30million players. I would be happy to even get 500 people online with a community of people who like to larp around and kill monsters, craft, use alchemy, cook and mine XD

The game itself is a 2D MMORPG built around ERC-1155 Technology, the prototype will be around 5-10% of the content and map size of the main game. The main game will have thousands of hours of gameplay and tons of updates in the future. Empire Of Sight also has the ability to create, join a guild or party. You will have a friends list , chat box in game, the ability to trade, buy and sell your items with NPCs as well players. 

I plan to use the same style of combat system as OldSchool Runescape as well a blend of Path of Exiles/Wow in the terms of way you play the game. Right now the level player cap will be 100 but the highest monster level in the main game will only be 83 for now as I want to leave room for expansions.

I'll just leave a trailer here for now and the website link, you can't currently buy membership as we are finishing up some things but you can look at the website even though I'll be changing some content on it as the goals have changed in a few ways so the content wont be 100% accurate at the moment. 

Feel free to chat about it as I would love feedback, ideas, and some criticism from you guys ❤️ It was my first time ever editing a video so be gentle on me XDDD. I'll be making another one closer to Sep 3rd when we release the prototype live for people to play!

Here's the trailer link: 

I plan to edit this thread as the game develops / changes are made and I may even remove some of the text above depending on how everything goes. 

Thanks again guys for making me feel comfortable here on VGR ^.^

EOS

Congrats on development of your first game, that's really cool! I checked out the trailer and I'm liking where it's going. How much work do you have left to do on it? 

Only thing I'm not into is NFTs, are they like real nfts you can buy/sell kinda thing? Apologies I don't know a whole lot about nfts, just that I'm not sure about them. The same with cryptocurrency and blockchain stuff. I've heard a lot of bad things about it to where i'm a little suspicious of them. 

I wish you luck, you have something cool here. 🙂 

On 8/31/2022 at 3:44 AM, Ajibusu said:

First of all, I will like to congratulate you on the efforts so far. It is never easy to be a game developer. I have tried doing that in the past, but it never worked out as I anticipated. 

Haha I think its always good to try something to see if its something you're into 😄 What did you try to work on anyway? Thanks btw ^.^

On 8/31/2022 at 7:40 AM, Kane99 said:

Congrats on development of your first game, that's really cool! I checked out the trailer and I'm liking where it's going. How much work do you have left to do on it? 

Only thing I'm not into is NFTs, are they like real nfts you can buy/sell kinda thing? Apologies I don't know a whole lot about nfts, just that I'm not sure about them. The same with cryptocurrency and blockchain stuff. I've heard a lot of bad things about it to where i'm a little suspicious of them. 

I wish you luck, you have something cool here. 🙂 

Yay the trailer is my first attempt at making a trailer so its kind of rough , thanks for being gentle on me and not roasting too much haha. Yesir , it's a little different than normal NFTs since these aren't sold by us but collected by the players who get them from a drop table in game and we offer free minting on 2 different blockchains so its no cost for the players. They can buy them, sell them, use them, collect them etc. They are unique because only NFTs are visible on your character outside of its original appearance. You can get "virtual items" but they just provide attributes to your stats and not the visible appearance. Its like this because I had the characters made from scratch and the NFTs so whenever you make them you have to create animations for each individual hero and item so it would be nearly impossible to recreate virtual items in the same way. 

In terms of blockchains and NFTs there's a tonnnn of bad actors out there.. It was a new phase and a bubble so it attracted a bunch of really negative intentions which drew even more negative attention haha. NFTs need real use cases and have a ton of potential, I chose to use NFTs because I plan to make a few other games once this one is completed, by using NFTs it allows players who own an NFT in one game to use it in another game! So lets say you have a favorite sword or pet in 1 game you can transfer it to another game by just having the NFT in your blockchain wallet. It allows for easier development by pulling "metadata" and just adding it to the new DB of a different game instead of actually having to recode it into the hard code of the game itself! The blockchain and NFTs are super useful if you actually use them for their intended purposes. We aren't even offering a "cryptocurrency" for the games right now and may never do so. Right now the focus is simply on integrating a useful technology and hope that people enjoy playing the games we make ^.^

Thanks for the wishes Kane 😛

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

This is pretty good so far - I'm curious to know how much polishing does it still need and do you have a roadmap of sorts? Also, what date are you planning to release it?

Well the Prototype will be live within the next 72 hours based off current development phases, but its just a prototype which is like a live public version of Beta but people can still collect NFTs / learn the game while helping us better balance and stress test the servers. 

Polishing hmm. Well the main game itself will go live in November and it has enough work to keep an army of developers busy xD We have 95% of the main game map complete in terms of design and the backend will be complete once we launch the Proto. We actually made the proto so we could design the backend and blockchain portions without waiting until the entire game was completed. It was a better way to streamline production / test as we go so when we launch the main game its perfected as far as it can be in real time. 

A roadmap is a little different for us as we are new to it, we ended up having to work backwards on our "roadmap" in so many ways since we didn't anticipate the workloads or workflow of certain aspects of the game design 😄

Right now I'm actually designing the main games crafting tables, drop chances, etc etc since I'm already finished with the prototype, the developer is just finishing up blockchain stuff for the prototype and then he will switch over to the main game with me as soon as we launch the proto.

If anyone wants free access to the game Id be more than happy to get some accounts created with pre activated passes so you guys dont have to do the blockchain stuff ^.^

P.S I didn't expect any replies so I wasn't following the thread XD

Edited by Empire Of Sight

Hiya boys! 

Just got the game live today, still some small bugs and its a pretty basic version but it would be awesome to see some of you try it out. I would be happy to provide you with accounts that are already active at no expense to anyone who wants to test it out! I would really love to see some feedback / reviews over the current state and progress of the prototype <33333

The newest trailer ^.^ and updated website! Please give it a watch and if you want to play like I said its on me not after anyone paying anything, just want some of the community to get involved , I think it would be fun for us to do haha

https://www.empireofsight.com/

@Withywarlock @Kane99 @runswithspatulas figured id tag haha

EOS

If this is your first video game  development project ever then you deserve a lot of accolades it sure give me the age of empire vibe though I know they could be different on Several levels, I enjoy the sound track too and also like the idea of playing to earn.

Congratulations on this project and Iook forward to seeing more bigger projects from you.