Register Now
melanie_marie27

Anybody gotten paid for trying new games?

I have been offered something similar, but with Amazon products. Someone would offer me a free product and I would then be tasked with giving them good reviews. Of course that's against Amazon's terms and conditions. I almost did it for one of those big light up mouse pads, but never responded back haha. 

This is kinda the same, in that they will let you keep the game probably, but you need to provide them with a favorable review. They probably ask for at least a 4 or 5, but nothing less. That too is against most app stores terms and conditions so do it on your own volition. 

I wouldn't do it, because the main reason is you're not going to be playing any good games. Most of these games probably would end up being bad and are probably knock-offs of other games. 

I have seen people offer these kinds of things to try new games and you will get paid for them, but I have always been dubious about trying them if I am honest as I have seen bad reviews on some and others just do not have any reviews or there hasn't been many people who have used the service, so I am a little wary about doing so. I wouldn't mind trying new games for developers for at least a little something as it helps out both parties but it's ensuring they will fulfil their deal.

2 hours ago, Shortie said:

I have seen people offer these kinds of things to try new games and you will get paid for them, but I have always been dubious about trying them if I am honest as I have seen bad reviews on some and others just do not have any reviews or there hasn't been many people who have used the service, so I am a little wary about doing so. I wouldn't mind trying new games for developers for at least a little something as it helps out both parties but it's ensuring they will fulfil their deal.

On top of that, a lot of the time they want you to rate the game with 5 stars. Which imo just lies to the consumers, and I'm pretty sure it's against any marketplaces TOS and rules. You can kinda tell when the reviews are paid for, they will be almost too glowing or too kind, and they will often be from people who haven't played anything else, or put out any other reviews. 

I was asked to write a good review for a long mouse pad with LED lights in the past, and I'd get the mousepad for free. But I chose not to, because the intent was to lie and I'm not about lying when it comes to reviews. 

Now if they paid me to review it legit, that's another story. But I think it's wrong to pay people money or the actual product in order to get good reviews.