Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you look up in advance if characters will die?

On 9/4/2022 at 1:53 AM, Empire Of Sight said:

Never have haha, I've done it with Anime series, reading books or other things like this but never in a game xD

Anime is a bit different because you may have been reading the manga for some time before the series even gets an anime so sometimes you can't help that. For instance, I was reading the Promised Neverland long before it ever got an anime so I'd already knew how things were going to play out.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Anime is a bit different because you may have been reading the manga for some time before the series even gets an anime so sometimes you can't help that.

Or visual novels for that matter, with how many VN adaptations there have been. lol The urge to not spoil what Steins;Gate was about when people got bored of the first-half must've been strong...

Edited by Akun

On 9/4/2022 at 1:02 AM, Grungie said:

I’m impatient, so I look it up.

I do enjoy seeing the foreshadowing after the self spoil.

I'm guessing that's most likely one of the best reasons why those that do it can't wait to actually see it happen when they get to that stage. 

No, I feel if I am going to be playing the game, I want everything that happens in the game to be unknown until it happens. Sometimes when a character dies in a game, especially when it's a game I really enjoy I do feel a little upset but that is all about being drawn into the story and that is what I play the games for. I remember in Destiny 2, Cayde was one of the characters that eventually passed away and I was pretty gutted by that, I didn't know prior that he was going to die and it really drew me into the story line. 

15 hours ago, Shortie said:

No, I feel if I am going to be playing the game, I want everything that happens in the game to be unknown until it happens. Sometimes when a character dies in a game, especially when it's a game I really enjoy I do feel a little upset but that is all about being drawn into the story and that is what I play the games for. I remember in Destiny 2, Cayde was one of the characters that eventually passed away and I was pretty gutted by that, I didn't know prior that he was going to die and it really drew me into the story line. 

I feel same way too, I wouldn't want to ruin the excitement but would like to experience every single part of the game myself without having a first hand knowledge of what I am to expect.

Which is why I enjoy straight play videogames like car Racing or soccer.