Register Now
Kane99

Need for Speed: Unbound

EA just revealed the new Need for Speed Unbound. Criterion Games are back, and it's their first NFS in nearly 10 years or so. This time around they're changing it up a bit, instead of photorealistic graphics, they decided to do an animated art style instead. Check out the trailer below and discuss your thoughts on it. Is this going to be a buy? This does give me the vibe of past NFS games, like NFS underground. 

One thing that I find pretty interesting about that scene of A$AP Rocky racing against what appears to be the player is that the cops are actually blocking the road while the race is happening. If this is in the actual game, this can definitly make races more exciting and challenging.

2 hours ago, Syntax said:

I just hope it's not like the past few since they honestly were trash in my eyes. wishing for a game that goes back to the roots like underground or even like most wanted.

I wonder if it will try to recapture the glory of Need For Speed underground. If so, I think going back to that style, will help it make a comeback. I know my brother was pretty excited about this new one, because it looked so similar. So hopefully they make something good here. 

On 10/9/2022 at 12:26 PM, Empire said:

One thing that I find pretty interesting about that scene of A$AP Rocky racing against what appears to be the player is that the cops are actually blocking the road while the race is happening. If this is in the actual game, this can definitly make races more exciting and challenging.

I think it is going to be in the main game. Need for Speed series always have that special features that make racing fun and thrilling to play. I don't think Need for Speed: Unbound will be different. 

Looking forward to this cartoon-ish style. I know the casual car guy hates this style that looks "rice" but I've played so much proper stuff that I miss this exotic old school crazy style. I was skeptical about Heat but I really enjoyed it so this one should be even more fun

On 10/20/2022 at 7:23 PM, killamch89 said:

It's not bad at all - the new art style will take a bit getting used to but I just hope it gets more support than NFS: Heat. They didn't even make a DLC but fortunately, the game has a huge community so that's what has kept the game relevant.

NFS has a one off pattern - after the first release of a sequel you don't normally get a remake or even a dlc of that same name.

NFS is a big name in the world of racer games and judging from the appearance of this one I am optimistic this is going to be epic as well.