Register Now
Kane99

Scottish Games Awards Winners Announced

Did any of the games/devs/studios you know end up winning one of the awards during the Scottish Game Awards? The winners for the recent show was announced, and you can find them at the link below. 

https://gamefreaks365.com/scottish-games-awards-winners-announced/

Most of the people I don't recognize, and I can't say I've heard of most of the games mentioned, though Cloudpunk sounds familiar and also looks pretty dope. The game winners can be found below: 

Cloudpunk won; Art and Animation, Best Large-Budget Game, Creativity

Audio went to SOLAS 128

Best Educational Programme went to Dundee & Angus College

Best Small-Budget Game went to The Baby in Yellow

Technical Achievement went to From the Depths

Tools and Technology went to Dislectek 

I an Scottish and this is literally the first time I've even heard of this. Shows you how much of a big deal this wasn't.

I know, I'm being mean, and well done to both the winners and the organisers for making this happen. It's great to see talent from my small nation be put on a pedestal and recognised. And I agree @Kane99, Cloudpunk does indeed look dope, but the fact they had to offer no less than three awards (including the top award) to a two year old game makes me wonder what the point was.

5 minutes ago, Shagger said:

I an Scottish and this is literally the first time I've even heard of this. Shows you how much of a big deal this wasn't.

I know, I'm being mean, and well done to both the winners and the organisers for making this happen. It's great to see talent from my small nation be put on a pedestal and recognised. And I agree @Kane99, Cloudpunk does indeed look dope, but the fact they had to offer no less than three awards (including the top award) to a two year old game makes me wonder what the point was.

Yeah I was wondering about the dates of the games too. I think the newest one on there was from 2021. My guess is maybe they took a break during Covid, but even then why not include more games from 2021 and 2022? And I don't think this was live or televised so it's not like they had to worry about Covid to give away these awards. 

I think I might actually check out Cloudpunk, and maybe the Solas game. 

10 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Wait! They had Scottish game awards? My first time hearing of this as well...

Soctland always wanted to be an own country for things 😛

The game is tremendously complex, tracking a lot of variables all at once, with real time ballistics calculations, physical forces, inertia, velocity, and on top of it hit point based tracking with all sorts of other stuff on top of it, all on a context visible to a human.

It's awesome to win this one. Good job on them