Register Now
Kane99

Fans Want Charles Smith As The Protagonist Of Red Dead Redemption 3

Not sure how true this is because the site I saw it at doesn't look familiar, but I'm not against the idea of Charles being the main protagonist in a future RDR game. It's bound to be that we'll see another prequel whenever Rockstar decides on a RDR3. Which will probably be many years to come, but I would welcome Charles as the main character in a future game. 

Would you be into that? Or would you rather a whole new story in the RDR world? I think you kinda have to stick with this crew we've grown to love. We got John from RDR1 and 2, and now Charles could be that person that bridges the gap between a prequel game. 

You can read more into this story here - https://www.fortressofsolitude.co.za/fans-want-charles-smith-as-the-protagonist-of-red-dead-redemption-3/

I personally think Landon rickets should be the protagonist of rdr 3. He's been seen before, but not in too much detail, he's had an interesting and storied life, with room for character development with his wife's death. Also he seems to be intertwined with the VDL gang, its like hes linked with it by fate (At the blackwater massacre, shoots many vdl gang members, finds John later.) I personally think the game would play out over many years, maybe even have dutch and landon team up in one mission to save kid john from hanging.

1 hour ago, Empire said:

I personally think Landon rickets should be the protagonist of rdr 3. He's been seen before, but not in too much detail, he's had an interesting and storied life, with room for character development with his wife's death. Also he seems to be intertwined with the VDL gang, its like hes linked with it by fate (At the blackwater massacre, shoots many vdl gang members, finds John later.) I personally think the game would play out over many years, maybe even have dutch and landon team up in one mission to save kid john from hanging.

I like that idea too. He wasn't featured at all in RDR2, but I don't think that matters much, as he was heavily featured in the first game. As well, he's a fun side character that I would love to explore more of history for. Plus wasn't he like some pro with his gun? That can be implemented in the game too. 

But yeah, so much can be done. Hell they could do a prequel and include the cast of the original Red Dead Revolver too. 

Charles was such a minor character in RDR2, that I seriously doubt he would be the next protagonist. If I had to pick a character that would be next, I would think Hosea would be it. That all aside, Rockstar may try to do a game from the view of a van der linde enemy. Pinkertons or O'Driscolls. There's no telling which way they will go, but that's on the assumption that they even bother making an RDR3 game. As I've said before, they've most likely shot themselves in the foot with the series, as there's not really anywhere to go with only a couple possibilities. Two to be exact. I think they will either continue on with Jack, or they will do a prequel to RDR2 showing how the gang was formed.

This is the first time I am hearing of a red dead redemption 3 in making, I felt rockstar has totally swept it off and isn't planning on releasing any other rdr game soon.

I am excited about it and would definitely like to see the outcome when it is officially released.

On 11/17/2022 at 3:12 AM, killamch89 said:

Rockstar hardly listen to their fans anyways and he's such a minor character so I doubt they'll make him the Protagonist of any subsequent RDR games.

They hardly do but I am confident in the rockstar team since they rarely bring a game that wouldn't do you well or meet with the expectations of fans.