Register Now
Kane99

Razer unveiled a new PS5 Pro Controller

But it looks a bit different compared to most PlayStation controllers, in fact the new Razer Wolverine V2 Pro for the PS5 has more of a Xbox controller layout. Instead of the analog sticks matching on each end, they're instead moved in the position the Xbox controllers are in. The dpad even reminds me of the original 360 controller. 

4060685-razerwolverinev2thumb.png

It's a sexy looking controller no doubt. Sadly this bad boy is going to put you back a lot more than most pro controllers do, it'll cost $250, which to me is way too pricey. Too rich for my blood, but I'm sure there are people willing to pay that premium cost. Oh, and it's exclusive to GameStop and the Razer store.

You can read more about this controller, including specs and other details below. 

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/razer-unveils-pro-style-ps5-controller-and-it-has-offset-sticks/1100-6509032/

Oh, that is a sexy looking controller. As someone who is not keen on the PlayStation controller because of the button and analogue stick layouts on it, this would fit me perfectly if I was to ever play on PlayStation with it being so similar to the Xbox controller. I know with Nintendo I also do not have any really big issues other than sometimes getting confused with each button because they are in a different place to the Xbox controller but with the PlayStation controller, with the analogue sticks being pretty much parallel it can be quite uncomfortable. I do like the design of this controller though and the colors look awesome. The price tag is a little too high for me at the moment though but it's something I would definitely consider if I was to ever snag a PS5.

On 11/16/2022 at 11:38 PM, killamch89 said:

Let me guess? it costs an arm and a leg and selling your kidneys on the black market as well - Razer products are ALWAYS overpriced and most of the time, they aren't really worth the premium. That being said, it's a very good looking controller.

$250, which was mentioned in my first post. So it's pretty much $100 more than some of the other pro controllers out there. I can't see myself spending that much money on a controller. I don't need a pro controller like this to game. It's probably really nice and comfy, but not for $250.