Register Now
DC

When games penalize you for dying, do you just reload?

Some games penalize you in minor ways if you die, but you have the option of reloading your last save. If you don’t lose a ton of progress doing so, do you usually just reload, or do you take the penalty?

Depends on the game. I know in GTA V and RDR2 for example, if you die, you lose some money. It's not a lot though for either game, but can be annoying if you're dying a lot and end up using up all of your money. 

As long as it's not much, I don't mind it. But if it's a game that bleeds you dry of everything each time you die, that's a different story. I think games like Dark Souls do it the best. Because you lose pretty much everything when you die in that game. 

Dark Souls: the act of dying, being Undead vs human, and resurrected at the checkpoints (bonfires) is hugely significant to the lore and overall story of the series. It’s crucial to the gameplay and the story.

I say it's fun to keep dying and see the 30secs repliy of you getting shoot

8 minutes ago, Empire said:

Dark Souls: the act of dying, being Undead vs human, and resurrected at the checkpoints (bonfires) is hugely significant to the lore and overall story of the series. It’s crucial to the gameplay and the story.

I say it's fun to keep dying and see the 30secs repliy of you getting shoot

Oh well I was considering purchasing dark souls when i'm completely done with sekiro shadows die twice or of I have reached 80 percent completion.

I would really like to play more soul games.

It really depends on what game it is and as you say, how far through the section of the game I am on and how much progress I would lose doing it. If I haven't done a lot and reloading the save wouldn't be a big issue, I usually go that route. These kinds of games where if you die you lose everything tend to be the games that frustrate me a lot so they are ones I only play if I know my full focus can be on the game and I am not overly distracted as that tend to get me a more chance of success and less chance of having to start over after losing everything.

15 hours ago, Shortie said:

These kinds of games where if you die you lose everything tend to be the games that frustrate me a lot so they are ones I only play if I know my full focus can be on the game and I am not overly distracted as that tend to get me a more chance of success and less chance of having to start over after losing everything.

This is one of the reasons why I really don't like to play videogames in open areas , I just go to my gaming and put the headset on to block out all the noise around me and give a hundred percent attention to the game I am playing.

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

If I'm being honest, it depends on the game itself and the mood I'm in. When I feel like torturing myself, I'll take the penalty but sometimes I'll reload if I can't be bothered.

Lol, how is that torture unless maybe you don't like the game well enough to be willing to go over a stage again and complete with 100 percent accuracy and achieve all there is to achieve in that particular level.

On 11/15/2022 at 4:16 AM, Justin11 said:

Lol, how is that torture unless maybe you don't like the game well enough to be willing to go over a stage again and complete with 100 percent accuracy and achieve all there is to achieve in that particular level.

Sometimes I'm bored and I just feel like dying without a penalty is too boring. I do tend to torture myself by purposely making it much harder as I like the challenge.

On 11/17/2022 at 4:29 AM, killamch89 said:

Sometimes I'm bored and I just feel like dying without a penalty is too boring. I do tend to torture myself by purposely making it much harder as I like the challenge.

That's understandable, sometimes you just feel the need to give in a complete focus and try to pass a level and in times when you fail to you just take the penalty other than skipping it or just proceeding to play it over again.