Register Now
Kane99

They're going to make a Streets of Rage movie?

Um, yes please! And it's said that the creator of John Wick, Derek Kolstad will be leading the script. I hope he also brings in the team behind John Wicks choreography, because a Streets of Rage movie has to have some decent fighting right? But yeah, with him involved, I have some high hopes for this one. Do you think they can make a quality film based on Streets of Rage? I think they could. 

Source: https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/streets-of-rage-lionsgate-picks-up-feature-take-of-sega-videogame-from-john-wick-s-derek-kolstad/ar-AA14bJlA

Isn't Streets Of Rage that old beat em' up game for the Sega Genesis? Anyways, we'll see how this turns out as I usually temper my expectations why it comes to games being portrayed into other forms of media - especially movies. You have disasters like the DOOM movie.

So long as it's just animated and not full anime all that crap. looks the same I'd like it done like Street Fighter 2 animated movie style take me back to being 14. 

So yeah, I'm completely in favor of it being animated. I doubt a live action crew, save for maybe the guy behind Kingsman, would do anything but screw up a reshoot of that clip that plays every time we open the game.

21 hours ago, Shagger said:

It's fine to have high hopes for this as it's the same film company that took Power Rangers and turned it into something that wasn't shit.

Yeah I enjoyed that new Power Rangers movie they did. Sad that it looks like they kinda abandoned it. Or it feels that way at least. 

17 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Isn't Streets Of Rage that old beat em' up game for the Sega Genesis? Anyways, we'll see how this turns out as I usually temper my expectations why it comes to games being portrayed into other forms of media - especially movies. You have disasters like the DOOM movie.

Yeah it's the beat em up that graced the Sega Genesis back in the day. And fair, most video game based movies have been bad, but these days it seems to have calmed down a bit. It feels like studios are at least trying to make competent movies based on games. But we'll see, it could be a stinker for all we know. 

6 hours ago, Empire said:

So long as it's just animated and not full anime all that crap. looks the same I'd like it done like Street Fighter 2 animated movie style take me back to being 14. 

So yeah, I'm completely in favor of it being animated. I doubt a live action crew, save for maybe the guy behind Kingsman, would do anything but screw up a reshoot of that clip that plays every time we open the game.

I doubt it'll be animated. If you got the guy behind John Wick, my guess is it'll be a live action take, and will involve a lot of fighting and action. If you have yet to watch the John Wick franchise, please do. That may give you a clue what the streets of rage movie could be like. If they hire the stunt team and choreographers from those movies, then I'm in for checking it out. 

But yeah, I don't see this director going the animated route. 

This is exciting and I am looking forward to what it's going to be like, they have been quite a good number of video games that are currently been made into a movie or series just like the last of us and they might be coming out next year.

This Makes the coming year seem a lot more exciting.

On 11/17/2022 at 2:01 PM, Kane99 said:

Yeah it's the beat em up that graced the Sega Genesis back in the day. And fair, most video game based movies have been bad, but these days it seems to have calmed down a bit. It feels like studios are at least trying to make competent movies based on games. But we'll see, it could be a stinker for all we know. 

You do have a point but I'm still going to temper my expectations.

On 11/27/2022 at 11:19 PM, killamch89 said:

You do have a point but I'm still going to temper my expectations.

Uncharted movie was a hit and others too that were based on video games turned out really well.

I don't think all of them did really bad but we could still get a really good movie based on street of Rage when it is eventually out.