Register Now
Smokey

Does Nintendo need a proper 'online network' like PSN and XBL?

Do you think Nintendo should have a proper network with a universal gamertag system like PSN and XBL? Personally, I think so. I think the friend code thing is annoying and I feel like for their next console, they should have  amore robust network put in place with proper gamertags. 

I have often been annoyed by the fact that I have to add people, or they have to add me using a friend code rather than just a username or a gamertag like with PlayStation and Xbox. I don't mind adding people the friend code way, but it can be a pain doing that and making sure you get it right when a username would be so much easier to do to add someone. I am hoping that one day they will change their online service and get a better online network where you can use usernames or gamertags rather than friend codes, as of yet though, no word on if they will ever change this. 

I don't know what their service was like. But I don't get why they use the friend code system. They should do what the other consoles do. Or do what discord does with names. Xbox copied that idea and that's how gamertags work now. So you can be the 100th gamerking or something lol. 

I like gamepass because I can use it on my PC, I love Microsofts flexibility they are the goats, but hey I own a Xbox, Playstation switch and a PC so I'm fine with them all having amazing services I just wish they all had a PC option like Microsoft but for download only, I don't want to stream games like some psnow titles, that reminds me of Google stadia lmfao...

But no idea if ninendo should have a link like the others...

I think Nintendo should drop the friend code next generation and have a proper online service. It would make things much easier, you wouldn't have to worry about getting a friend code from someone to be their friend. It's just very inconvenient to have to get a friend code to add people.