Register Now
Smokey

Gamecube classic?

Would you like to see a "Gamecube Classic" style mini console be put out by Nintendo? I would. The Gamecube had some great games that were never re-released on any other platform, so they are impossible to play outside of original hardware or using an emulator on your PC such as Dolphin. 

I would love to see a GameCube Classic style mini console released. I know with Sega they released a mini version of their console, didn't they also do it with the Super Nintendo if I remember rightly. I know if they were to release a mini style console it would definitely have a lot of interest, as you say there are a lot of games that have been lost to the GameCube due to the fact that they were never re-released on any other platform. This would give them the opportunity to re-release these games with a mini console and who doesn't like going back to older games and console for nostalgia purposes? 

I would love to see a Gamecube Mini, but I think the fad of mini consoles has pretty much died down. The Gamecube is my favorite Nintendo console after all. Though if there was going to be another mini console coming out, it would probably be a N64 mini. If they never give us a Gamecube Mini, I hope Nintendo will add Gamecube games to their online service at some point.

Personally, I wasn’t a fan of the Game Cube. The only reason is solely the controller. But the GC did have a lot of great games. My personal favorite two were Zelda 4 Swords, and Soul Calibur II. I had been playing SC2 since it had debuted in the arcades. I was a massive killer with Kilik. But having Link as a player character was a huge bonus. If/When I play any GC games I tended to just run it on my Wii. But then again, I haven’t played either system in probably 15 years. 

Edited by The Blackangel