Register Now
Shortie

Games feeling slower on old generation

With the release of the new generation of consoles such as Xbox Series S and X and also PlayStation 5, anyone who has been unable to afford to upgrade has been left behind on the older consoles. I myself am in that boat at the moment where I am still on the Xbox One X and I have noticed that games such as Fortnite which updates quite frequently and I have noticed that the time to load the game and get into the game now takes a lot longer than it ever did. 

If you are still on the older generation of consoles are you noticing slow loading times on games? 

Sadly it's inevitable. I notice my PC loads up fortnite pretty fast, but if I were to boot it up on my Xbox One for example, it'll take a little longer. It's to be expected. It also comes down to how used to the new consoles you are, because if you're used to the faster load times, going back to an older console may not be easy. I found that going back to the 360, it felt like it took forever just to turn on. The main reason for that is due to the last dashboard they released. I wish they allowed us to go back to older dashboards, because the blade dashboard was fast and didn't nearly take as long as what the 360 has now. 

Sadly, this will continue on, as video games are going to keep getting better and better. 

It makes sense, as games become more advanced and they add more stuff with each update, it makes sense that older hardware will begin to struggle to support the game properly. Was iit dumb for Microsoft & Sony to release what they did in 2013? Yes. both the OG Xbox One and PS4 were ridiculously underpowered. The Xbox One X should've been what we got in 2013, as well as the PS4 "Pro" should've been the stock PS4.  The other reason this happens, is simply because these manufacturers want you to shell out the money for their latest consoles so you can 'keep up'. Apple does this on a yearly basis. 

Hell Let Loose really makes you glad to have next gen. Just being in the wheat fields hearing footsteps all around and bullets whizzing by you is anxiety for sure. Don’t think the one could handle all that. But not slow if your PC can't able to do it... depends end of the day

Edited by Empire