Register Now
Kane99

Death Stranding movie in the works

Source - https://www.sknr.net/2022/12/15/death-stranding-movie-announced/

It looks like Death Stranding is getting a movie adaptation as it was recently announced there is a movie in the works. The movie is said to be a continuation of the story featured in the game and upcoming sequel. Kojima Productions has teamed up with Barbarian executive producer Alex Lebovici’s Hammerstone Studios to make the movie. 

Kinda cool, but now I need to play the game to get an idea of what to expect. But I'm glad Kojima finally is getting into the movie game. He praises it a ton and it's cool to finally see it come full circle for him. 

3 hours ago, Smokey said:

This is cool but I would rather see a Metal Gear Solid movie first before Death Stranding. I doubt Konami will because of Kojima though. 😞

I agree - I don't even understand Death Stranding's lore AT ALL whereas I'm far more versed in Metal Gear and Metal Gear is the far more interesting universe.

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I agree - I don't even understand Death Stranding's lore AT ALL whereas I'm far more versed in Metal Gear and Metal Gear is the far more interesting universe.

Same page. I love Metal Gear, but i'm far from a Kojima fanboy, I never understood Death Stranding and i'm pretty sure literally NO ONE asked for a sequel. 😛 We DO however want Metal Gear Solid 6. 😛 

This is the weirdest game to make a movie off of to me. It's pretty dense and in some cases it's the closest thing to a movie in games. I just don't see how this is the game that needs a movie, it won't work nearly as well as the game itself.

On 12/16/2022 at 6:34 PM, Smokey said:

This is cool but I would rather see a Metal Gear Solid movie first before Death Stranding. I doubt Konami will because of Kojima though. 😞

Same. It's been rumored that there's been a Metal Gear Solid movie in the works forever now, but things have changed so much, I don't know if it'll ever happen. Plus I think with Konami owning the rights, I don't know if Kojima can have any say in a movie adaptation. 

9 hours ago, Empire said:

This is the weirdest game to make a movie off of to me. It's pretty dense and in some cases it's the closest thing to a movie in games. I just don't see how this is the game that needs a movie, it won't work nearly as well as the game itself.

I'm guessing Kojima wants to extend on the story, maybe to tie in before the events of the next game or after it. You can only do so much in one form of medium, maybe he wants to expand the universe to movies and even tv at some point? My guess is that is what Kojima is attempting to do here by first creating a movie. 

33 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Same. It's been rumored that there's been a Metal Gear Solid movie in the works forever now, but things have changed so much, I don't know if it'll ever happen. Plus I think with Konami owning the rights, I don't know if Kojima can have any say in a movie adaptation. 

I'm guessing Kojima wants to extend on the story, maybe to tie in before the events of the next game or after it. You can only do so much in one form of medium, maybe he wants to expand the universe to movies and even tv at some point? My guess is that is what Kojima is attempting to do here by first creating a movie. 

Yeah, probably not which is worrisome, plus the fact like you said, it's been 'in development' forever, so it's just kinda..... "Is it worth it?" 

This is one of the games I honestly didn't see being turned into a movie, I will be honest. So many want to see a Metal Gear Solid movie over a death stranding movie as many have stated in this thread so it would seem weird they take this route. One can only hope that we maybe get a Metal Gear Solid movie at a later date. 

On 12/17/2022 at 4:22 AM, Smokey said:

Same page. I love Metal Gear, but i'm far from a Kojima fanboy, I never understood Death Stranding and i'm pretty sure literally NO ONE asked for a sequel. 😛 We DO however want Metal Gear Solid 6. 😛 

Not if Konami's the one making it - have you seen Metal Gear Survive?

On 12/18/2022 at 7:03 AM, Empire said:

To be fair, most of us still don't understand the story or the game universe. Why do they need to strap babies in sacks to themselves? Maybe the movie can give us more clarity but as I said in a previous reply, I'd be far more interested in a Metal Gear movie.