Register Now
Smokey

Do you sell your old consoles to buy new ones?

When a new console comes out, do you sell your old consoles to be able to purchase the new ones? Normally, I don't, unless it makes sense to do so. For example, when I bought the PS5, I sold my PS4 to get money for games to buy for my PS5. The PS5 being backwards compatible with most of the PS4 library, it didn't seem necessary to hold onto my PS4, especially when my brother still had his in the house. So i sold my PS4 to get money so i can buy PS5 games and I did just that. Now i'm sat on 9 physical PS5 titles.  Howabout you? Do you sell your old consoles to afford the new ones or games for the new ones? 

I have in the past sold old consoles and video games back to my local games store for store credit that has helped me buy a newer game or console in the past, however it started getting more difficult when I would hand down old consoles to my children when I would upgrade so I have not sold any consoles for a while to get newer consoles, instead it's been that I have bought them outright for say myself or as gifts for my children for say Christmas. 

I just end up keeping parts of my PS2 when I had that back in the day to remind myself how epic it was back in the day 😉 But end of the day as a PC person it's the same as you replace old arts with the new and maybe if that old PC hardware part is still worlking you end up selling it so that you get the money to go towards other things. 

I did sell my Xbox 360 and a lot of my games to get an Xbox 360 Slim one year. I regret doing it, but it allowed me to game further for a while longer. Other than that, I have never sold my games/consoles to in turn buy a new console. I have thought of doing it from time to time, but never pulled the trigger.