Register Now
Smokey

Is having a platinum trophy important to you?

Even if you aren't necessarily a trophy hunter, is having a platinum trophy on your PSN account important to you? I didn't think it was for a long time, until I bought a game out of boredom and realized I had platinumed it within 3 hours. 😛 Now I have 8 platinums on my account, all are pretty simple to achieve, I'm working on platinums 9 and 10 slowly and I have an idea of running through a game on PS Plus that i thousand pointed on Xbox to get that platinum too. 

However, if it wasn't for that accidental platinum, I don't think I would've ever bothered getting the others. 

Not being too much of a PlayStation player myself I never really play for trophies but if there was a chance for me to get a platinum trophy I would probably jump on it to be honest just to say that I had one. I guess it would be like an achievement for me to have one being I don't really play PlayStation.

I wouldn't say it is. Just like I wouldn't' say Xbox Achievements are that important. Back in the day when they first started it, sure I was interested in getting all those achievements/trophies etc. But I don't think it's necessarily ever was important to me. I just like racking up a big score for all the games I played. :D

On 12/16/2022 at 5:30 PM, Kane99 said:

I wouldn't say it is. Just like I wouldn't' say Xbox Achievements are that important. Back in the day when they first started it, sure I was interested in getting all those achievements/trophies etc. But I don't think it's necessarily ever was important to me. I just like racking up a big score for all the games I played. 😄

Yeah having a big gamer score is pretty nice. If a platinum or full gamerscore is easy to be obtained I go for it, but I don't go out of my way stressing out if I can't achieve it :(pun intended) 😛 

On 12/16/2022 at 10:30 PM, Kane99 said:

I wouldn't say it is. Just like I wouldn't' say Xbox Achievements are that important. Back in the day when they first started it, sure I was interested in getting all those achievements/trophies etc. But I don't think it's necessarily ever was important to me. I just like racking up a big score for all the games I played. 😄

Yeah I wouldn't go out of my way to get achievements to be honest. If they are easily obtainable I will go for them but if not, unless I get them by luck they stay unachieved to be honest. I still see so many going for every achievement though and for some it's very much a hobby now. 

I personally don’t pursue achievements or trophies or 100 percent completion because, to me, they can take a pleasant gaming experience and inject frustration and anger. Not worth it to me since they are a meaningless flex, at a base level. I’d rather keep my pleasant memories of the game I’m finishing and move on to a new game.