Register Now
Kane99

Five Nights at Freddy’s getting its own movie as well

I had no clue that Five Nights at Freddy’s was getting its own movie. I'm honestly not surprised by this, as Five Nights at Freddy’s seems like a fan favorite and I can see it translating fine to a movie. Some scary spooky animatronics, could work. 

What's funny, is that there was a movie kinda similar to Five Nights at Freddy’s, called Willy's Wonderland, and it's about a guy who is tricked into cleaning up an old amusement center or something, and he is attacked by evil animatronics that are possessed by a group of killers. I don't remember it being any good, but it had some funny moments. 

Anyway, the Five Nights at Freddy's movie is said to be starring Matthew Lillard and Josh Hutcherson, with Blumhouse being involved. 

I can't say I'm all that interested, but I'm sure there are some fans here. 

https://deadline.com/2022/12/five-nights-at-freddys-sets-matthew-lillard-amp-josh-hutcherson-1235201233/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

I feel like a game like this would adapt nicely into a movie. There was a similar movie like this not long ago, I forgot the name but it starred Nicholas Cage.  I can see Five Nights transitioning really well to the big screen.

I have never played Five Nights at Freddy's myself but I have seen it played by others on live streams in the past and the game looks a lot of fun. I can honestly see how they would be able to make it into a movie and feel it would really work as a movie. With it being such a popular game, I can only imagine how popular the movie will end up being on release. Super looking forward to the release of this as I may check it out. 

Would be EPIC if the movie is actually done (and has been for a while), and they decide to release it as a surprise on Netflix, Hulu or something! Like how Scott used to release some of the games; they can say someone "hacked" their computers or something and released the movie...

On 12/16/2022 at 6:33 PM, Smokey said:

I feel like a game like this would adapt nicely into a movie. There was a similar movie like this not long ago, I forgot the name but it starred Nicholas Cage.  I can see Five Nights transitioning really well to the big screen.

lol I actually mentioned it in my original post. It's called Willy's Wonderland. I didn't think it was that good, honestly kinda forgettable. 

On 12/16/2022 at 6:44 PM, Shortie said:

I have never played Five Nights at Freddy's myself but I have seen it played by others on live streams in the past and the game looks a lot of fun. I can honestly see how they would be able to make it into a movie and feel it would really work as a movie. With it being such a popular game, I can only imagine how popular the movie will end up being on release. Super looking forward to the release of this as I may check it out. 

I don't get why it's so popular myself. I think it looks like it'd be boring to play. I never understood the popularity for it because of that. It's a game I could never get into. But I think the main reason it was so popular is due to the backstories the game put out and the theories fans had. Which is why I think it'd translate well to a movie. 

2 hours ago, Kane99 said:

lol I actually mentioned it in my original post. It's called Willy's Wonderland. I didn't think it was that good, honestly kinda forgettable. 

I don't get why it's so popular myself. I think it looks like it'd be boring to play. I never understood the popularity for it because of that. It's a game I could never get into. But I think the main reason it was so popular is due to the backstories the game put out and the theories fans had. Which is why I think it'd translate well to a movie. 

I can understand where you are coming from. From a viewers stand point I can understand why many would see it as boring as it can feel that way when watching it and not being sure what is going on or the point in the game. I was the same until I started watching more people playing it and they would explain things and that is when I understood it a little more.