Register Now
Smokey

Rumored Metal Gear revival?

What do you think of a Metal Gear revival? One is being teased by Konami for 2023 and i'm kinda excited to see if we'll get a remake of Metal Gear Solid, done properly or even a full blown Metal Gear & Metal Gear 2 remake, that would be super interesting to see! 

I really wish they'd just sell the Metal Gear IP to Sony or Ubisoft. I ended up hating MGS5, and Konami blew their first shot at a post-Kojima Metal Gear game with Survive. However, Sony and Ubisoft both have proven track records for making great stealth-action shooters (Sony had SOCOM, Ubisoft has Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon). I'd love to see either one do a clean reboot of the franchise

A remake is likely what we'll end up getting, and I'm kinda okay with that. I don't trust them enough to continue the story without Kojima, but if they can remaster/remake the full series, that'd be dope. Be even cooler if they start from the very beginning with the NES game and then moved on to MGS1, MGS2, 3 and 4 and I think end it there. Probably no need to remake 5. 

I wouldn't trust Konami to make a new MGS without Kojima, it just wouldn't feel right. It'd feel like Season 4 of Community when Dan Harmon was kicked off the show for a season, it will be okay-ish, but won't feel the same at all. 

I would buy a remake in a heartbeat, but I don’t mind if they let the franchise die. The saga is completed and it has some of the best games ever made and I am more than happy with that. Not to mention those games have a lot of replay ability.

This is the first time I have heard about this but I wouldn't say no to a metal gear revival and I would imagine many are also the same and wouldn't. Definitely curious to see if this comes to light and how it turns out if it does happen. 

On 1/10/2023 at 6:57 AM, Empire said:

I would buy a remake in a heartbeat, but I don’t mind if they let the franchise die. The saga is completed and it has some of the best games ever made and I am more than happy with that. Not to mention those games have a lot of replay ability.

I agree. I hate to say it, but I think Metal Gear Solid is good where it's at. I don't think we necessarily need a sequel or a new game altogether. I would still like a remake or remaster of the original game, but I don't think it needs to continue on in a new direction. 

I mean, if Kojima came back, I'd maybe reconsider, but I'd rather him just start fresh new IPs anyway. 

There is a Metal Gear Solid 3 remake on the way which is likely coming out in 2024 so we all have to look forward to. I'm not sure it will entirely revive the series as Konami has done a lot of damage since Kojima left, but it'd give us Metal Gear fans something to hold onto.