Register Now
Smokey

Headaches while gaming?

Has a specific game ever given you a headache? I can't remember which one, but one of the Call of DUty's game me a headache almost every time I played it. I think it was the original Black Ops or MW3 back in the day but I can't be sure. I think it had something to do with the motion blur in the game, but again, not certain 100%.  Has a game ever given you a headache consistently?

It's not just gaming that gives you headaches, it's other things also. When it comes to not feeling that well or having headaches I do not game at all. If I'm that bad I'm not even on my system. 

But what does give it to me after awhile are:

1. Looking at the screen for hours and not wearing glasses and get eye strain
  2. not drinikng enought water
  3. THe way that you may sit on your chair

So gaming for hours can start those things. 

Not really no. I rarely have headaches, and when I do it's usually out of the blue. It could be from me looking at a PC screen most of the day, or not doing much that day. Or not eating properly, drinking enough water, etc. 

For the most part, it's rare that I ever have one, and usually it's not unbearable, just a maybe 1-2 out of 10 on the pain scale.

I don't know what Fortnite did to their game but I noticed that the game seems a lot brighter now than it ever was before and even though I turn down the brightness in the game settings I always find it doesn't really make any difference at all. Because of this I tend to get headaches when playing and it can be quite frustrating as I do enjoy the game. 

On 1/11/2023 at 6:22 PM, Shortie said:

I don't know what Fortnite did to their game but I noticed that the game seems a lot brighter now than it ever was before and even though I turn down the brightness in the game settings I always find it doesn't really make any difference at all. Because of this I tend to get headaches when playing and it can be quite frustrating as I do enjoy the game. 

I know that you can get motion sickness from playing certain games and the headaches come with that or maybe just playing for extended hours. However, I don't think I've heard of the brightness causing headaches. Have you paid your doctor a visit to make sure everything's fine?

23 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I know that you can get motion sickness from playing certain games and the headaches come with that or maybe just playing for extended hours. However, I don't think I've heard of the brightness causing headaches. Have you paid your doctor a visit to make sure everything's fine?

I sure have 🙂 turns out I suffer from acute migranie so that explains a lot more now why I get the headaches I do. Turns out it's one of the symptoms of something else I suffer with which is Fibromyalgia so it's something that should be able to be managed with the medication I am on so they are looking at that at the moment to see if maybe I need an increase. I did think it was weird as I wouldn't have been playing long and the headaches would start, you would expect a headache after hours of play.