Register Now
Kane99

Why hasn't there been a new Deadpool video game?

I'm assuming the big reason why is because Disney now owns it, I wonder if Activision and High Moon Studios still have a claim to it anymore. I know they made a remastered version of the video game back in 2016 I think, and that's been it ever since. 

Would you like to see another Deadpool game? I'm for sure welcoming to the idea, especially with the increased popularity Deadpool has received in recent years due to the movies and the game too. 

Who even has the rights to make a Deadpool game anymore? Is it High Moon Studios and Activision? Or is it reverted back to Disney? 

MAybe as it's a BAD game. The only thing I would say is "bad" is the gunplay (using a controller). The lock on is really spotty and can be very frustrating. Also, in spite of regenerating health, it only takes a few shots short range to kill you, which can also be very annoying and lead to a lot of repetition in certain areas. That said, the melee combat is fun and the humor is good, if you enjoy the character that much you'll definitely enjoy the game.

On 1/28/2023 at 6:45 AM, Empire said:

MAybe as it's a BAD game. The only thing I would say is "bad" is the gunplay (using a controller). The lock on is really spotty and can be very frustrating. Also, in spite of regenerating health, it only takes a few shots short range to kill you, which can also be very annoying and lead to a lot of repetition in certain areas. That said, the melee combat is fun and the humor is good, if you enjoy the character that much you'll definitely enjoy the game.

I do remember hearing when the game originally came out that it got mediocre to okay reviews, nothing special. But I think the Deadpool movies kinda brought the game back from the dead, and if anything helped bring out the remastered version. 

I have yet to play it myself, but have been considering buying it to see how it plays. I think the main selling point for this game is the humor though, and from what I saw of the game, it is full of Deadpool style humor. 

21 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I do remember hearing when the game originally came out that it got mediocre to okay reviews, nothing special. But I think the Deadpool movies kinda brought the game back from the dead, and if anything helped bring out the remastered version. 

I have yet to play it myself, but have been considering buying it to see how it plays. I think the main selling point for this game is the humor though, and from what I saw of the game, it is full of Deadpool style humor. 

I think Disney is the one that owns the rights to the Deadpool games but they can lease it out to the other companies. I'm not sure who I'd like to see publish that Deadpool game because he's such a complex character that it'd take some top-notch developers to perfectly replicate his whole persona into a great game.

I am not sure why there hasn't been a new Deadpool game to be honest, could be something to do with Disney owning it now but it did get me thinking. Epic Games have done many cross overs and one of them was with Deadpool and they have also worked with Ryan Reynolds for other crossovers as well. I wonder if there ever was a chance of another Deadpool game, whether Epic Games would be interested in taking it or even if they could come up with an agreement with Disney? Would be interesting to see.

Probably either a licensing issue or trying to make the game like having a story and content would be tough since all he does is fight criminals, etc. I think without a good story, or other supporting characters, how could there be a good story with like better upgrades or ways to do things (with Spider Man I feel like it's easy and same with Iron Man).

On 4/6/2023 at 5:44 PM, Syntax said:

Probably either a licensing issue or trying to make the game like having a story and content would be tough since all he does is fight criminals, etc. I think without a good story, or other supporting characters, how could there be a good story with like better upgrades or ways to do things (with Spider Man I feel like it's easy and same with Iron Man).

Deadpool fights everyone and makes hilarious jokes while doing it. The issue is how complex Deadpool's motives are - he's ridiculously unpredictable so making a game based on Deadpool would a lot of work especially if they want it to be good.