Register Now
killamch89

Metroid Prime Remastered Digital Coming Out Today?!

Sooo sweet!! I am hype for it and may get it ASAP. It was a fun game way back on the Gamecube, and I never did manage to beat it as a kid. 

1 hour ago, Shortie said:

Always great when a company announces something and drops it right there as well. I would imagine many people are very happy to see this dropped as soon as it was. Anyone who is a huge fan if definitely going to love replaying the remaster. 

Yup, same same! I am a fan of when companies stealth drop a game. I love playing remasters of games.

On 2/13/2023 at 5:13 PM, Shortie said:

Always great when a company announces something and drops it right there as well. I would imagine many people are very happy to see this dropped as soon as it was. Anyone who is a huge fan if definitely going to love replaying the remaster. 

I agree, I totally wasn't expecting this at all and I like that. I played the original and beat it and based on the presentation, the controls have been improved over the original. I can't wait to get it.

On 2/13/2023 at 6:59 PM, Kale said:

Sooo sweet!! I am hype for it and may get it ASAP. It was a fun game way back on the Gamecube, and I never did manage to beat it as a kid. 

I beat it twice as a teen. Really awesome game - I was looking forward to a new game but this will do for now.

The original Metroid (NES) was a lot of fun. I also have Metroid II on Game Boy. They're great games. The original was so wildly different from other games, that it was initially thought it would be a "one and done" kind of game. A lot of the games that came out back then were like that. But the sales of Metroid were significant enough that Nintendo took notice. There was a new Metroid for every Nintendo system with the exception of the Virtual Boy and the Game Boy until the GBA came out.

The franchise has been wildly successful. Not as successful as their more recognizable franchises (Mario & Zelda) but still a big time seller.

Edited by The Blackangel

13 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

The original Metroid (NES) was a lot of fun. I also have Metroid II on Game Boy. They're great games. The original was so wildly different from other games, that it was initially thought it would be a "one and done" kind of game. A lot of the games that came out back then were like that. But the sales of Metroid were significant enough that Nintendo took notice. There was a new Metroid for every Nintendo system with the exception of the Virtual Boy and the Game Boy until the GBA came out.

The franchise has been wildly successful. Not as successful as their more recognizable franchises (Mario & Zelda) but still a big time seller.

You should try the original Metroid Prime out on Gamecube - it's a really excellent game - one of the more underrated Nintendo titles of the 2000's. I'd argue more underrated than the Metroid games on the GBA which were also excellent.

Wish I could play it. Kinda been craving a Metroid like game at the moment, or any Metroidvania style game. One of these days I'll get my hands on this and actually play it. Sadly no switch yet, but maybe one of these days I'll get one. 

On 3/2/2023 at 5:24 PM, Kane99 said:

Wish I could play it. Kinda been craving a Metroid like game at the moment, or any Metroidvania style game. One of these days I'll get my hands on this and actually play it. Sadly no switch yet, but maybe one of these days I'll get one. 

I see a lot of them on sale right now - probably try during Summer sale events to get one. That's how I got mine in the first place.