Register Now
killamch89

If you could eliminate one aspect of smartphone technology, what would it be and why?

I'd have to agree and say that bloatware. Phones come with so much bloatware and a lot of it is pretty much useless and it is just their way of trying to push their apps and products onto the consumer which I think is wrong. I often remove a lot of the bloatware but then if I ever need to factory reset my phone, it all comes back again. 

Ok, I don't know what bloatware is, but I would eliminate micro transactions from games. Last month I was playing a couple games, and before I knew it I had spent $50 on the games from the micro transactions. When I realized how much I had spent on them, I deleted the games. Now any game in those styles I won't even consider downloading, much less playing. Which is sad, because I truly did enjoy the games.

On 2/14/2023 at 9:09 AM, The Blackangel said:

Ok, I don't know what bloatware is, but I would eliminate micro transactions from games. Last month I was playing a couple games, and before I knew it I had spent $50 on the games from the micro transactions. When I realized how much I had spent on them, I deleted the games. Now any game in those styles I won't even consider downloading, much less playing. Which is sad, because I truly did enjoy the games.

Yeah, that's the mobile gaming industry for you...It's never mentioned enough by the media either because those companies are filling their pockets.

Ultrafast charging will not be the norm, because I think it's already predicted by every Apple nostradamus that they are committed to moving to wireless. ANd yet not all people wanted that. And so I give my answer to better wireles or none at all for charging 😛

The Android space might see ultrafast charging become standard. That is probably the kind of tech that doesn't cost much to add to devices, so they might as well. Currently, Chinese phone makers are clearly pushing it

On 2/17/2023 at 7:16 AM, Empire said:

Ultrafast charging will not be the norm, because I think it's already predicted by every Apple nostradamus that they are committed to moving to wireless. ANd yet not all people wanted that. And so I give my answer to better wireles or none at all for charging 😛

The Android space might see ultrafast charging become standard. That is probably the kind of tech that doesn't cost much to add to devices, so they might as well. Currently, Chinese phone makers are clearly pushing it

I think the latest record was like 300 watts to charge a phone in like 5-10 mins? Ultrafast charging tech especially in Chinese phones has made a massive jump in the last year.

I would eliminate addictive design features on smartphones to prioritize digital well-being. This includes infinite scrolling and constant notifications, aiming to reduce screen time and promote a healthier balance between online and offline activities for improved mental health.

Having to upgrade to the latest versions. I know that no one is being forced to, but subtly we have no choice. IOS smartphones from X series and below will soon no longer support WhatsApp. 
So we have no choice but to get the latest versions. Same with android, they would start lagging and overheating. 
If only I can use my device for as long as I wish. 

On 12/17/2023 at 3:14 PM, The Blackangel said:

If I can add one more thing, it would be the need for screen protectors. Having to put those damn things on every fucking phone and replacing them all the time is bullshit.

Could I add another thing? Why do Apple and Samsung feel like selling us phones without the charge in the box?! Yes, I might have a couple of wireless chargers as well as some Samsung and Apple chargers around but I still find this ridiculous.