Register Now
Kane99

All Xbox PC games will come to competing cloud service NVIDIA

Looks like Microsoft and NVIDIA are teaming up to get Xbox PC games to work through NVIDIA's cloud service GeForce Now, similar to what Xbox has with their game streaming options. Now you can play these games through NVIDIA. My guess is that they did this because not everyone is into Xbox and probably don't want to download the Xbox app. Now they can play these games through GeForce Now. 

This is interesting, because prior you couldnt just buy a xbox game and stream it for free. You had to get Game Pass for xcloud regardless if you owned the game. With Geforce Now you don't have to subscribe to a service to stream a xbox game anymore. Also this includes PC games that you can't even stream on Xbox itself like Fallout Tactics and other ancient bethesda titles, though perhaps that might be about to change which is great because I'd love the option to pick what version of a game I want to stream as I play on both Fallout 76 PC and Xbox.

5 hours ago, Empire said:

This is interesting, because prior you couldnt just buy a xbox game and stream it for free. You had to get Game Pass for xcloud regardless if you owned the game. With Geforce Now you don't have to subscribe to a service to stream a xbox game anymore. Also this includes PC games that you can't even stream on Xbox itself like Fallout Tactics and other ancient bethesda titles, though perhaps that might be about to change which is great because I'd love the option to pick what version of a game I want to stream as I play on both Fallout 76 PC and Xbox.

Hmm, I didn't know that. I always thought if you owned the game you could still stream it through xcloud. Unless it's been changed recently? I get wanting to charge something for streaming, especially since it takes so much to do it. I imagine it costs these companies a lot of server power and costs to handle. 

On 2/24/2023 at 5:55 PM, Kane99 said:

Hmm, I didn't know that. I always thought if you owned the game you could still stream it through xcloud. Unless it's been changed recently? I get wanting to charge something for streaming, especially since it takes so much to do it. I imagine it costs these companies a lot of server power and costs to handle. 

To a point you can but you have to pay to stream and use the game. Also the game sthat we or you might want to play might not even be supported. At least you can give it a try for an hout but the waiting line is sooooooooooooooooooooo Longggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

This might actually be a good thing for Xbox and their PC games. As you stated, many people don't want to have to download the Xbox App to be able to play games through their service and if you are like me and are on Windows 10, the version of the Xbox App available doesn't work for me anymore and I would need to upgrade to Windows 11 to gain access to it again like I used to, something like this would be ideal for those who also can not gain access to the Xbox App.

12 hours ago, Empire said:

To a point you can but you have to pay to stream and use the game. Also the game sthat we or you might want to play might not even be supported. At least you can give it a try for an hout but the waiting line is sooooooooooooooooooooo Longggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

I have game pass ultimate, does that get me streaming as well? If so I may consider trying to stream games more often and see how it does. 

20 minutes ago, Shortie said:

This might actually be a good thing for Xbox and their PC games. As you stated, many people don't want to have to download the Xbox App to be able to play games through their service and if you are like me and are on Windows 10, the version of the Xbox App available doesn't work for me anymore and I would need to upgrade to Windows 11 to gain access to it again like I used to, something like this would be ideal for those who also can not gain access to the Xbox App.

I think it's good, because I have a feeling game streaming will be coming to the Nintendo Switch as well. Nintendo has been working with them more and I know they were in talks about getting Xbox live and all that on the Switch. I don't remember whatever came of it, but I bet they could easily add Xbox streaming on the Switch, or even the PlayStation in the future if PlayStation allows it. 

On 2/28/2023 at 1:10 AM, Kane99 said:

I have game pass ultimate, does that get me streaming as well? If so I may consider trying to stream games more often and see how it does. 

You can download and stream from another PC or to and from other devices however you ahve to able to have the game installed 🙂