Register Now
Shortie

Would you say Tetris is still a popular game?

Tetris was always a game I loved to play as a kid. I still find myself playing it sometimes now and my youngest was playing it the other day as well. 

The last time I played Tetris was on the Nintendo Switch with Tetris 99 which is a battle royale type game only with Tetris which is a lot of fun but difficult. 

Going by Tetris 99 and how many still play the original game of Tetris as well, would you say that the game is still pretty popular? 

23 minutes ago, Anders said:

I feel like Tetris Effect was pretty popular when it came out. I personally love Tetris, I've played a tooon of Tetris Worlds for the GBA on my handheld emulator. Hours of addicitve fun!

It can be really addictive but can also be stressful and rage inducing as well I always used to think. Tetris 99 definitely does give you that feeling when you are trying to keep going to be the last one standing. 

I definitely think Tetris is still quite popular, at the very least even the original game still gets references here and there. I never played any of the titles other than Tetris on the NES and Genesis. People still enjoy puzzle games, but honestly I've been more of a fan of games like Puyo-Puyo and even Sega's Columns.

Tetris will always be a classic and continue to be a popular game. Other games have based the concept and released newer versions such as Puyo Puyo, but it also has a tetris mode on it. I love it and I think it will continue!

Of course it is. It's never going to be dominating the headlines (in the way that the next Elder Scrolls game will) - but, it's a timeless classic that can be played by just about anyone. 

There aren't a lot of current games that are likely to still be played in 50 years' time - but IMO, Tetris is a pretty safe bet.

Edited by Kyng

On 11/20/2023 at 4:56 PM, Debashis said:

Yes, I believe "Tetris" is still a popular game which is enjoyed by many players worldwide. Its addictive gameplay and timeless appeal have contributed to its continued popularity over the years.

I agree. I believe the release of Tetris 99 on Nintendo added to the popularity as well making it a little more competitive playing against others to be the last one standing. 

Come to think of it, I haven't played Tetris 99 in a while! May have to jump back on that 🙂