Register Now
Kane99

Would you wear a VR headset all day?

Ever since I heard of the meta quest 3 and the ability to use it as an AR device, I've wondered if using it all day would be possible. I like the idea of using it while I work, so I can watch videos or have another screen even. I could see myself doing the dishes, making food and other such stuff while wearing a VR headset that has AR capabilities. I imagine my neck would feel it after a while though, but I think I could do a day wearing one. What about you? 

Definitely! Immersing myself in virtual worlds all day sounds like a dream come true. I'd be fully equipped to battle dragons, explore mysterious planets, and compete in intense multiplayer matches. The possibilities are endless, and I wouldn't want to miss a single moment of the action!

Wear it to work? Definitely not, I’ve not gotten another. And if I should start wasting it too much I’m afraid it will make me lose touch of my immediate environment. So maybe once in a while but not all day. 

Nope! Apart from the eye strain, after a while, VR/AR kind of throws off your sense of balance. On top of that, it will look ridiculous wearing it out in public.

On 1/30/2024 at 5:19 PM, Kennysplash said:

Wear it to work? Definitely not, I’ve not gotten another. And if I should start wasting it too much I’m afraid it will make me lose touch of my immediate environment. So maybe once in a while but not all day. 

You make a valid point there. I do like interacting with natural world so using VR all day is a no-go for me.