Register Now
Heatman

What's your most anticipated video games of 2024?

There are so many video games that's already set in motion to be released this year 2024. Which one of them happens to be your most anticipated amongst the rest? Would you be interested in pre ordering the game or not? 

For me, it's going to be Hades 2 that I can't wait to play once it's released. Although, there's no specific date announced for it yet. 

I'm really psyched for the Star Wars Battlefront Classics Collection releasing in March, more than I have been for any game in the past 5 years. I might even buy it on release day since it's $35.

I'm also cautiously optimistic about Metal Gear Solid Delta, I just hope it doesn't get screwed up. I also hope it doesn't reopen my old wounds caused by MGS5, not sure I can bring myself to play another MGS game.

Honestly, I'm not sure - I mean, I'm liking Helldivers 2 and Palworld but these weren't really on my anticipated games and the ones I was looking forward to like Suicide Squad are all garbage. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is the new Elden Ring DLC.

I can't wait for the Gex Trilogy! I love Gex Enter the Gecko as well as Gex 3, and I can't wait to play remastered versions of these games. I was hoping we'd get more information about them soon though, it'll be a year in July since it was announced.

On 3/4/2024 at 3:57 PM, The Blackangel said:

Pneumata. It comes out towards the end of the month if I remember correctly. I have it preordered and fully paid for. I love horror games like this, and this one looks awesome!

I swear that I'm more eager to play indie developed games than games from triple A companies because they're actually putting a lot of effort into their games. Most of the bigger developers are hopping on this Live Service train and I despise it.

I found a new game to be excited for: Dragon's Dogma 2. I recently happened across a trailer for it and HOLY CRAP. I love the armor. I love the monster designs. I love the combat. Add to that a detailed character creation system and Dark Souls-style combat mechanics, and this is the first gen 9 exclusive that has gotten me excited. This is the closest to a "must-have game" that I've seen in nearly a decade. This is also the first gen 9 game I've seen that truly looks like like a generational advancement over gen 8.

I'm seriously considering getting a used PS5 to play it if I can find one for around $350.

For me, my most anticipated game of 2024 would have to be Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater. A remake of the original Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, all done in unreal engine 5. It looks beautiful and with new enhancements to gameplay. I'm really excited to see how Konami handles this remake and what other remakes we might see in the future if this one sells well.

Edited by Smokey

On 3/22/2024 at 7:31 AM, Smokey said:

For me, my most anticipated game of 2024 would have to be Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater. A remake of the original Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, all done in unreal engine 5. It looks beautiful and with new enhancements to gameplay. I'm really excited to see how Konami handles this remake and what other remakes we might see in the future if this one sells well.

The only company I currently trust with remakes is Capcom and that's because all of their remakes have been fantastic. Companies like Konami fall into the "hope for the best but expect the worst" category.