Register Now
Heatman

Do you have any favorite game developer?

As there are different video games, so there are different game developers. It would have been a big chaos if it was just one game developer that makes all the games we play. The developer wouldn't even have enough time to made all the games fans wants to play.

With that being said, which game developer have been your favorite and what's their game that you love so much? 

It's difficult to pick one, but Remedy is definitely up there for me. I'm a huge fan of Alan Wake, and I've loved everything they've put out. I even really liked Quantum Break, even though pretty much no one else did. 

The only developers I still like or care about these days are From Software, Capcom, and SNK. From Software's games are almost always great and I love their Soulsborne genre, Capcom has been knocking it out of the park with all of their Resident Evil remakes, and SNK has an amazing legacy of classic games (even if they don't make a whole lot of new stuff besides the occasional Samurai Shodown or King of Fighters sequel).

My favorite is Ubisoft. I've come to love all their games from Assassin's Creed, to Far Cry, to Immortals Fenyx Rising, to Tom Clancy, to Watch Dogs. I have found their games to be very user friendly with the controls and gameplay; the historical legendary fame of assassins creed; the gameplay and graphics of their popular games. Ubisoft is a legend in the gaming world. 

On 2/29/2024 at 9:17 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

My favorite is Ubisoft. I've come to love all their games from Assassin's Creed, to Far Cry, to Immortals Fenyx Rising, to Tom Clancy, to Watch Dogs. I have found their games to be very user friendly with the controls and gameplay; the historical legendary fame of assassins creed; the gameplay and graphics of their popular games. Ubisoft is a legend in the gaming world. 

I used to love Ubisoft as well until in recent years when they've started to make all kinds of idiotic decisions and consistently trying to drive away us gamers.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I used to love Ubisoft as well until in recent years when they've started to make all kinds of idiotic decisions and consistently trying to drive away us gamers.

It's a true showing of just how sad the gaming industry is that I can swap out the word "Ubisoft" with just about any major player in the games industry and that statement would still make sense. I could even add a section on sexual harassment and employee abuse and it would still work.

Edited by Shagger

1 hour ago, Shagger said:

It's true showing of just how sad the gaming industry is that I can swap out the word "Ubisoft" with just about any major player in the games industry and that statement would still make sense. I could even add a section on sexual harassment and employee abuse and it would still work.

At this point, I also agree with you there. Game developers have a bad reputation when it comes to the way they treat employees. Ubisoft may be my favorite game developer, but their leadership needs a change for the betterment of employees. Ubisoft does have labor unions so I expect there are things in place to protect employees, so as a conscious consumer, to me that isn't grounds to boycott them. They have the tools needed to aid employees. Sounds shallow on my part, but if their union isn't protecting them, they should go on strike or vote for a new one that will. If they get oppressed at that point by the union and the company, then that's when consumers may be the answer to boycott. I don't know what all has happened there the past couple years so I don't know if things got better or not. If a developer had rampant abuse against employees without a labor union, then they may need some intervention to help them. 

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It baffles me sometimes the decisions they make for such a popular developer. They did make a big win though with the Microsoft deal, which granted Ubisoft special access to cloud gaming. I don't know how they managed that privilege, but it's a win for them. Lose some win some I guess. 

Edited by Reality vs Adventure

On 3/4/2024 at 3:05 PM, Shagger said:

It's a true showing of just how sad the gaming industry is that I can swap out the word "Ubisoft" with just about any major player in the games industry and that statement would still make sense. I could even add a section on sexual harassment and employee abuse and it would still work.

You have a very valid point. It's gotten to a point that I'm surprised when a game released by a triple A gaming company is actually decent and functional. Sony is going down this very road as well.

On 3/4/2024 at 5:21 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

It baffles me sometimes the decisions they make for such a popular developer. They did make a big win though with the Microsoft deal, which granted Ubisoft special access to cloud gaming. I don't know how they managed that privilege, but it's a win for them. Lose some win some I guess. 

Most major developers care ONLY about money. They don't care how many bridges they'll burn with their fanbase and when it doesn't work out, they wonder what they did wrong. BTW it was Activision that got acquired by Microsoft but they're both in the same category.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

BTW it was Activision that got acquired by Microsoft but they're both in the same category.

Yeah but Ubisoft made a side deal with Microsoft somehow that was part of the entire deal with Microsoft/Activision deal, signed and stamped. No other developer got privilege like that. I wonder how it happened to include Ubisoft in the deal; kind of out there right? 

23 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Yeah but Ubisoft made a side deal with Microsoft somehow that was part of the entire deal with Microsoft/Activision deal, signed and stamped. No other developer got privilege like that. I wonder how it happened to include Ubisoft in the deal; kind of out there right? 

Ubisoft have the cloud streaming rights to Call Of Duty for the next 15 years. I didn't even remember this happened - I'm not sure what Microsoft gains from this deal either. Maybe they plan to acquire Ubisoft in the near future and this is just a way to start the process.

Sega is still my favorite game developer, I love that they've revived Streets of Rage and are reviving some of their other IPs like Golden Axe too. Heck even Sonic Team is fine, I know there's a few Sonic games that could have been better but generally speaking the majority of Sonic games are decent at best. Sega also has the Yakuza/ Like a Dragon games which I've heard are good and I've been meaning to give them a go someday.

On 3/8/2024 at 8:10 PM, killamch89 said:

Ubisoft have the cloud streaming rights to Call Of Duty for the next 15 years. I didn't even remember this happened - I'm not sure what Microsoft gains from this deal either. Maybe they plan to acquire Ubisoft in the near future and this is just a way to start the process.

I haven’t even thought of that where Microsoft may have Ubisoft in their sights. Red flags. If Microsoft wants to accumulate Ubisoft, then we would have no doubts at all that Microsoft is seeking a monopoly, which they got away with a monopoly lawsuit twice now.