Register Now
svjiminfxv

Are you getting a pet any time soon?

Are you getting a pet any time soon? If you are, what pet are you going to get?

When I am ready, I am going to get another pet. 

I will probably get another Guinea pig as I love Guinea pigs and miss having Guinea pigs. No Guinea pig will ever be the same as the last 4 I had though and I miss them so much. 

I'm thinking about getting some new pets. I want to get a pair of cats, boy and girl, and a puppy. Not sure if I want to adopt adult cats or kittens. I originally wanted to adopt grown cats because I feel like I don't want to get too attached. My reasoning is because the future in my country is uncertain and I'm not sure I want to start a new family for the next 15 years or so when it's a possibility that circumstances may separate us. So I'm thinking of just waiting to see what happens after the elections of 2024. That's really the only thing stopping me right now from getting new pets.

On 2/25/2024 at 1:08 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

I'm thinking about getting some new pets. I want to get a pair of cats, boy and girl, and a puppy. Not sure if I want to adopt adult cats or kittens. I originally wanted to adopt grown cats because I feel like I don't want to get too attached. My reasoning is because the future in my country is uncertain and I'm not sure I want to start a new family for the next 15 years or so when it's a possibility that circumstances may separate us. So I'm thinking of just waiting to see what happens after the elections of 2024. That's really the only thing stopping me right now from getting new pets.

Same - I'll probably be moving countries in a year or two and it's a pain carrying them back and forth. Not to mention the time and care those pets will need is something that has put me off from getting another dog.

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Same - I'll probably be moving countries in a year or two and it's a pain carrying them back and forth. Not to mention the time and care those pets will need is something that has put me off from getting another dog.

No, I'm not talking about leaving. I'm talking about a pet holding me back from fighting. Right now I have no attachments. 

@Rain Dew and I are planning to get a few pets once we get settled in after we move next month. I have to have rats. They're sacred to me, and I have an emotional need for them. We're also planning on a few dogs. She want's a dachshund. I'm getting a Yorkie and a pitbull. All puppies. And finally we're getting a macaw. Not sure what breed yet, but we're fully set up for one. After some time, I'll be looking to bring 2 other pets home. Another hedgie, and another dragon.

If I could surround myself with millions of animals I would do it. I hold their lives above my own. As long as they're happy and healthy, that's all that matters to me. They eat first, I eat last. They get the clean water, I get the dirty water. They are superior to me.

I already have a dog which I love and cherish so much but I am still considering getting a cat for myself because I also love cats the same way I love dogs but I'm not sure when I'm going to do that yet. 

My heart is bleeding so much because I want new little buddies to love; but how can I when my country lives in uncertainty. Start a family and say fuck off to the world, or start a family thinking I'll leave them to fight a war. And my little buddies will think I abandoned them or I'm dead when I go off to war against my own countrymen. It's a sad state every way you look at it. This election is the only thing stopping me from getting a pet. I want to be ready to defend my country against republican traitors. I'm not getting political, this is my whole truth holding me back from getting new pets. How can I express myself when politics is a real thing affecting lives? Am I supposed to just start a new conversation in the politics section? But why when I'm honestly replying to a topic? 

I won't be getting another pet any time soon, I just got a kitten back in September last year and he's a handful lol. I wouldn't trade him for the world though, I love him so much. He imprinted on my wife and I pretty quickly too, which is unusual for a cat. We also have a old cat named Gizmo, two cats are enough for my wife and I for now at least. 😛

On 4/1/2024 at 6:52 PM, Ravenfreak said:

I won't be getting another pet any time soon, I just got a kitten back in September last year and he's a handful lol. I wouldn't trade him for the world though, I love him so much. He imprinted on my wife and I pretty quickly too, which is unusual for a cat. We also have a old cat named Gizmo, two cats are enough for my wife and I for now at least. 😛

I have a stray cat that comes and goes. I just found her in my yard one day when she was pregnant with her first set of kittens and fed her. She's really bonded with my dog (used to be dogs but one of them died earlier this year).