Register Now
DylanC

Most influential game of all time?

7 hours ago, Prof elohstar said:

Well for me, I wouldn't choose any as the most influential game of all time. It's really difficult to choose, but if I must mention name then it's Super mario bros. Like o said, our choices differs. 

Super Mario Bros is one kind popular game via Nintendo series. I never really played it much, I wouldn't vogue for if being the best. 

3 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Super Mario Bros is one kind popular game via Nintendo series. I never really played it much, I wouldn't vogue for if being the best. 

I play Super Mario kart and liked it. There is calmness and no rush in the game and even when you have other things that you are doing, this is a game that you should try your hands on.

On 3/6/2022 at 7:25 PM, Prof elohstar said:

Well for me, I wouldn't choose any as the most influential game of all time. It's really difficult to choose, but if I must mention name then it's Super mario bros. Like o said, our choices differs. 

It's actually why some gamers find it very difficult to make such choices because it's always very difficult in point at the moment for them. 

Also, I'd say Super Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt were influential I believe. But also maybe Ping Pong, or Space Invaders, or the 80s arcades. There's so many influential games out there, it's tough to just say one or two. 

15 hours ago, Knight Barida said:

I play Super Mario kart and liked it. There is calmness and no rush in the game and even when you have other things that you are doing, this is a game that you should try your hands on.

This game is Nintendo friendly, which means, it isn't possible for me to get going with, because my console wouldn't access it. 

20 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Yes I think super Mario Bros would be the most popular game ever. Almost everyone played it at some point. 

16 minutes ago, Prof elohstar said:

Yes I think super Mario Bros would be the most popular game ever. Almost everyone played it at some point. 

Almost every played not just with Nintendo device, it was also available via mobile smaller phones back then. 

17 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Almost every played not just with Nintendo device, it was also available via mobile smaller phones back then. 

Yes I saw the mobile version some time ago, I did downloaded it and play but it was different from real super Mario Bros so I uninstalled it.

6 hours ago, Justin11 said:

This game is Nintendo friendly, which means, it isn't possible for me to get going with, because my console wouldn't access it. 

Then, you've got a bigger challenge in your hands that you should handle. Is there a mobile version of it?

5 hours ago, Knight Barida said:

Then, you've got a bigger challenge in your hands that you should handle. Is there a mobile version of it?

I never checked for the mobile version, because I don't play much of a mobile phone game unless when I am very hungry to play video games. 

I would straight up say SMB is the most influential game of all time. The entire Mario franchise has spawned so many games and offshoots that I don't know if anyone can logically and honestly count them without forgetting and missing several. I don't think anyone even knows about every Mario game, except those at Nintendo that work on the Mario franchise.

A second would be Zelda. it has influenced so many fantasy games. I'm sure it even gave inspiration to the creators of the Elder Scrolls series.

Those 2 games are huge inspiration to so many developers. It's possible that Zelda could have inspired the GTA series. Perhaps the creators of GTA were tired of the hero killing monsters, and saving a princess. So they wanted something set in modern times where you play as both the protagonist and the antagonist.

There's no telling what games could have been inspiration for other games. But my money is mainly on SMB, and somewhat on Zelda.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

I would straight up say SMB is the most influential game of all time. The entire Mario franchise has spawned so many games and offshoots that I don't know if anyone can logically and honestly count them without forgetting and missing several. I don't think anyone even knows about every Mario game, except those at Nintendo that work on the Mario franchise.

A second would be Zelda. it has influenced so many fantasy games. I'm sure it even gave inspiration to the creators of the Elder Scrolls series.

Those 2 games are huge inspiration to so many developers. It's possible that Zelda could have inspired the GTA series. Perhaps the creators of GTA were tired of the hero killing monsters, and saving a princess. So they wanted something set in modern times where you play as both the protagonist and the antagonist.

There's no telling what games could have been inspiration for other games. But my money is mainly on SMB, and somewhat on Zelda.

I think a big thing about SMB, is that it has aged very well. It's still one of the most smoothest games to play. It's not perfect, but I think it helped show that video games were just getting started. 

3 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

I think a big thing about SMB, is that it has aged very well. It's still one of the most smoothest games to play. It's not perfect, but I think it helped show that video games were just getting started. 

It's practically the reason why it's been that good the way it has been and I'm seeing it to be high up there for a very long time. 

22 minutes ago, Boblee said:

It's practically the reason why it's been that good the way it has been and I'm seeing it to be high up there for a very long time. 

It's mainly because of how easy it is to access. Anyone can play SMB, from a kid, to a grandma. The controls are near perfect, the graphics are simple, but effective and work for the time and even today. 

It's just a start of something that made sense and influenced so many more games to follow. Without SMB, I don't think we'd have a lot of the popular hit games of today, at least in terms of 2d side scrollers/platformers.