Jump to content
Register Now
Sign in to follow this  
italianmunchiez

Celebrities & Jail

Recommended Posts

Fame, Money, and power can certainly go to ones head but it seems like most celebrities and rappers like to challenge the law. It's just ashame how talented celebrities who literally have everything in life just throw there lives away by going and getting locked up so much potential waste. Some would argue the fact their stupid for doing this, If I was a celebrity I would cut any ties with any sort of people commiting crime because they can take me down with them, anyway I wanted to ask you guys for your opinions on celebrities going crazy and wasting there lives by commiting several crimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m a fan of Peter Doherty from british rock bands The Libertines and Babyshambles. This question makes me think of him. He basically took loads of drugs, dated Kate Moss and committed crimes that led him to being thrown in Jail. He actually wrote a song about jail with his cell mate: Pentonville. Sometimes I find these kind of enigmatic personalities really interesting.

Edited by DylanC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DylanC said:

I’m a fan of Peter Doherty from british rock bands The Libertines and Babyshambles. This question makes me think of him. He basically took loads of drugs, dated Kate Moss and committed crimes that led him to being thrown in Jail. He actually wrote a song about jail with his cell mate: Pentonville. Sometimes I find these kind of enigmatic personalities really interesting.

True but if your successful and making money etc, theres no reason for any of the shenanigans. Honestly people think getting arrested is cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2018 at 12:01 AM, italianmunchiez said:

Fame, Money, and power can certainly go to ones head but it seems like most celebrities and rappers like to challenge the law. It's just ashame how talented celebrities who literally have everything in life just throw there lives away by going and getting locked up so much potential waste. Some would argue the fact their stupid for doing this, If I was a celebrity I would cut any ties with any sort of people commiting crime because they can take me down with them, anyway I wanted to ask you guys for your opinions on celebrities going crazy and wasting there lives by commiting several crimes.

Being a black person who also grew up in a troubled community, I can give a bit of context as to why they do it - sometimes. The way they act at times is out of dealing with racism and prejudice from the justice system itself - in their own way, they try to protect themselves. yes, you grow up around some shady people but those shady people help to keep other shady people from their area trying to kill them out of jealousy/hate etc. It's not easy cutting ties with those shady people when they are grew up with you and always looked after your best interest and prevented any serious harm from coming to you. You can't just throw them away and if you start avoiding them, they will feel betrayed and turn on you as well. It's crazy but that is how it is at times. You have those that just doing it for notoriety but for some, it's more of an art of survival that they learnt growing up "in the streets".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

Being a black person who also grew up in a troubled community, I can give a bit of context as to why they do it - sometimes. The way they act at times is out of dealing with racism and prejudice from the justice system itself - in their own way, they try to protect themselves. yes, you grow up around some shady people but those shady people help to keep other shady people from their area trying to kill them out of jealousy/hate etc. It's not easy cutting ties with those shady people when they are grew up with you and always looked after your best interest and prevented any serious harm from coming to you. You can't just throw them away and if you start avoiding them, they will feel betrayed and turn on you as well. It's crazy but that is how it is at times. You have those that just doing it for notoriety but for some, it's more of an art of survival that they learnt growing up "in the streets".

So what Soulja Boy is doing is completely ethical. That's what you're trying to tell me :V

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soulja Boy is a fucking douche lol

Making money off stuff you didn't make yourself is just unethical no matter how you frame it XD

Edited by Alyxx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

So what Soulja Boy is doing is completely ethical. That's what you're trying to tell me :V

Soulja Boy isn't really accepted by the black community in general though...

 

1 hour ago, Alyxx said:

Soulja Boy is a fucking douche lol

Making money off stuff you didn't make yourself is just unethical no matter how you frame it XD

Soulja Boy isn't liked by anybody except maybe Sean Kingston...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Going to prison is just more for the legend, more for the fans.  It can lead to way more record sales.  I mean, who are we kidding here?  Also, it's their chance to show they're tough and can relate to average people etc..

Edited by Jayson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2019 at 1:32 PM, Jayson said:

Going to prison is just more for the legend, more for the fans.  It can lead to way more record sales.  I mean, who are we kidding here?  Also, it's their chance to show they're tough and can relate to average people etc..

I agree it is done for media attention most times but the long-term consequences of being a prisoner are far more severe than the short-term fame it provides. Within a couple of years, they won't be relevant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of them think that their fame and money makes them above the law, and that means they can do whatever they want with no consequences. Look at Trump for instance "Grab 'em by the pussy". Matt Lauer sexual harassment. Mel Gibson racist tirades. They think they can do whatever they want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/27/2019 at 2:41 PM, The Blackangel said:

Most of them think that their fame and money makes them above the law, and that means they can do whatever they want with no consequences. Look at Trump for instance "Grab 'em by the pussy". Matt Lauer sexual harassment. Mel Gibson racist tirades. They think they can do whatever they want.

Well, to be honest, lol - plenty of people say those things - who aren't famous.  I mean, there are guys on Facebook - basically speaking to people as though they're Greek gods. Constant unwanted fatherly advice from them, more political stuff they probably wouldn't say to someone's face etc.. - often under the cover of humor, of course..

Well, I won't say this stuff is always harassment; there is an audience.  Also, I'm not crying like a snowflake, only noting how irritatingly preachy it is.  

Edited by Jayson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2019 at 7:57 PM, Jayson said:

Well, to be honest, lol - plenty of people say those things - who aren't famous.  I mean, there are guys on Facebook - basically speaking to people as though they're Greek gods. Constant unwanted fatherly advice from them, more political stuff they probably wouldn't say to someone's face etc.. - often under the cover of humor, of course..

Well, I won't say this stuff is always harassment; there is an audience.  Also, I'm not crying like a snowflake, only noting how irritatingly preachy it is.  

I tend to avoid the drama on social media nowadays because most of the time, they are complaining about ridiculously petty issues when there are more serious issues that could use that kind of effort and time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...