Register Now
killamch89

AMD Leaked Processors

According to some reliable leaks released within the last month, AMD are going to announce the next generation of Zen processors featuring one that can be overclocked to 5GHz safely - I mean this is a first. This particular chip is set to destroy the Intel I9 processor in power and speed while being significantly cheaper and the other processors are also pretty impressive, to say the least. Do you think AMD can finally re-take their position as the best chipset makers just like a decade ago?

On 1/7/2019 at 11:28 PM, killamch89 said:

Do you think AMD can finally re-take their position as the best chipset makers just like a decade ago?

After a year, the answer is yes, AMD is currently having the crown in the CPU's world, let's for Intel's response

On 1/2/2021 at 6:15 PM, Patrik said:

After a year, the answer is yes, AMD is currently having the crown in the CPU's world, let's for Intel's response

I mean this post was two years ago lol. We all know the answer now but I'm also curious to see what Intel comes with because all they've done so far is flapping about like a flightless bird...

1 hour ago, skyfire said:

Intel may end up fighting this war using the price and also maybe new CPU line. but we don't know where things go from here onwards we just have to wait and see how that goes. 

That's how AMD actually took over the CPU's marketplace, by offering the best value for performance, 6 cores CPU's for less than 250$, when Intel was offering them for more than 400$, not to forget that if AMD didn't take over from the cores side, we would still buying 4 cores CPU's from intel for expensive.

They are just leaks that might not even come ture. Until I hear from the real mouth then not going to say much more. Yes AMD is picking up in this world with it's more cores and threads and how they picking up more boost powers than ever before. 

1 hour ago, Patrik said:

That's how AMD actually took over the CPU's marketplace, by offering the best value for performance, 6 cores CPU's for less than 250$, when Intel was offering them for more than 400$, not to forget that if AMD didn't take over from the cores side, we would still buying 4 cores CPU's from intel for expensive

Even still you can pick up good AMD CPUs for a very good price, like the 2700x. Even the cheap 6 core is still being brought by people. Yet 2020 I have seen Intel dropping their prices and seen there CPUs less than there 5900 series. But happy with my i7-10700k that has 8 cores 16 threads at 5.2ghz and my board is ready for 11th gen. At this point of time that the 11th gen is just even worse and no difference at all.

14 hours ago, Empire said:

They are just leaks that might not even come ture. Until I hear from the real mouth then not going to say much more. Yes AMD is picking up in this world with it's more cores and threads and how they picking up more boost powers than ever before. 

Even still you can pick up good AMD CPUs for a very good price, like the 2700x. Even the cheap 6 core is still being brought by people. Yet 2020 I have seen Intel dropping their prices and seen there CPUs less than there 5900 series. But happy with my i7-10700k that has 8 cores 16 threads at 5.2ghz and my board is ready for 11th gen. At this point of time that the 11th gen is just even worse and no difference at all.

AMD currently outperforms the Intel 10th gen in every area and seeing that the 11th gen Intel CPUs aren't much better, it'll out perform those as well. Even worse is that AMD will going to the 5nm process next gen so their CPUs will be far more powerful than the last two generations so Intel has their work cut out for them.

14 hours ago, killamch89 said:

AMD currently outperforms the Intel 10th gen in every area and seeing that the 11th gen Intel CPUs aren't much better, it'll out perform those as well. Even worse is that AMD will going to the 5nm process next gen so their CPUs will be far more powerful than the last two generations so Intel has their work cut out for them.

Yeah and no. In gaming (not by much) that intel is better. AMD is the winner for most things for cores and threads. 11th gen so far I hear leaks but what I heard so far that it's almost the same as 10th. Not happy with that. Intel is always stuck and using the same methods, god damn intel. Get your ass into the battle.  

On 1/5/2021 at 4:35 PM, Patrik said:

That's how AMD actually took over the CPU's marketplace, by offering the best value for performance, 6 cores CPU's for less than 250$, when Intel was offering them for more than 400$, not to forget that if AMD didn't take over from the cores side, we would still buying 4 cores CPU's from intel for expensive.

Good point and that is the problem with the most of the companies who become solo leader in market. they charge too much for innovation or lack of it. same with apple too. 

On 1/11/2021 at 3:29 AM, skyfire said:

Good point and that is the problem with the most of the companies who become solo leader in market. they charge too much for innovation or lack of it. same with apple too. 

AMD's new gaming processors are ridiculously powerful and they now offer the higher core count processors in upcoming gaming laptops so I can't wait!