Register Now
StaceyPowers

Most Interesting Video Game Antagonist

Following up on @killamch89 's thread here:  https://www.vgr.com/forum/topic/3524-most-interesting-video-game-protagonist/

Who are some of the most interesting video game antagonists?

I would go with Zachary Hale Comstock in Bioshock Infinite, but saying why would be a spoiler.

I also have enjoyed some of the antagonists in Dragon Age. I've only finished playing through Origins and the DLCs so far, but I found Loghain a well-developed and interesting character, and also the Architect in Awakening. Notably, they're both Well Intentioned Extremists, so I suppose I find those sorts of characters compelling. 

Register Now

I would have to be cliche and say GLaDOS. She is just too awesome lol and it's the main thing that made me finish the Portal games so fast. I just had to see what happened next with her lol. 

My choice for the most interesting video game antagonist would be Virgil from Devil May Cry 3. Dante's twin brother is such an interesting character because they both wanted to achieve the same goal but he wanted to sacrifice his own brother to attain their father's ultimate power. Unlike Dante, he was very ruthless and calculating and seems apathetic to humans yet we learned later in the story he got a human pregnant and Nero in Devil May Cry 4 came along.

Bloodwin from Gothic, he's your cliche villain, but the game forces you to forget about it and it's you "insisting" is what keeps driving your revenge on him, because killing him isn't a MUST, but rather a choice.