Register Now
DylanC

How many games do you own? Are they mostly physical/digital?

Apparently the PS4 has a very high software attach rate, which means those who own a PS4 own a lot of games. As I review a lot of games I have a *ton* of digital titles. In all, I have about 300 games on the PS4 and only about 10% of them are physical. On the Switch I have around 35 games and eight of them are physical.

How about you? Do you buy more digital games these days? Or are you more interested in physical-only games?

95% of my stock this decade is made up of digital purchase. And I have no plans on owning the box and the merchandise this year. The reason being those things are taking up a lot of space. And it can be pretty bad if you consider how the space keeps on reducing when we hoard game boxes and the items. That is what I have noticed from my experience while keeping the boxes. 

On 2/13/2019 at 3:58 AM, skyfire said:

95% of my stock this decade is made up of digital purchase. And I have no plans on owning the box and the merchandise this year. The reason being those things are taking up a lot of space. And it can be pretty bad if you consider how the space keeps on reducing when we hoard game boxes and the items. That is what I have noticed from my experience while keeping the boxes. 

This is a really good point and something I hadn’t considered. The space-saving aspect of digital is a definite positive, for sure. Thanks for commenting!

1 hour ago, mamontZ said:

I have more than 20 different games both on disk and online.

No offense but you have a tiny library. Are you just into only one specific franchise? Or into one extremely specific type of game? It's all good if you are. I'm just curious.

Edited by The Blackangel

I got to looking, and I do have some digital games. But the amount I have I can count on one hand and still have fingers left over. I've never been the biggest on digital downloads. It's a trust issue that's hard for me to explain.

As for physical copies of games, in total I have several hundred. Probably close to 600 if you span every system I have, including the ones I don't really play anymore. If you only include the ones I play, then the number is closer to 500. My library is so damn big, that if I played a different game every day, I couldn't play but just over half of them in a year.