Register Now
killamch89

Game Chats are no longer fun

I had a funny incident the other day where I was playing 50 V 50 with some random players and we were talking over the mic. This teen said he fell lightly and scrapped his hand (barely) and he was afraid to touch anything with it. I said stop acting like a little girl and bantering him for a bit. Long story short, after I had finished the round, logged out and came back a couple hours. I realized I couldn't chat at all and then I realized I was chat banned. I hit up the support to find out why I got chat-banned and they basically said that I was offending players. Seriously, why is everyone so sensitive? Game chats back in the days (COD MW2 and BO1 on the Xbox and many more) were filled with racial slurs, threats, anything you could think of, yet nobody took it personally. It seriously concerns me that the younger generation is so "soft".

I used to spend a lot of time chatting on discord. And also made a lot of friends. Some of them are now on email contacts too and on facebook. But what I have learned is that gaming chats often lead to arguments too. And those arguments and spending time trying to discuss stuff with people does not lead to any proper resolution. That's how things are going to be working if you want to be social and avoid arguments. 

1 hour ago, Bravosi said:

Game chats are not fun to people anymore because people became lazy, and moreover, unable to socialize. That's the reason why RPG's are in decline nowadays.

This is absolutely true. At the moment, it's going into extinction and there is no chance of it ever being a trend any more. It was good then when it lasted. 

13 hours ago, Shine_Spirit said:

I never liked those kind of chats. In my opinion, they only served to feed unnecessary discussions and draw attention away from the game. Plus, most of the current players (specially teenagers) are super boring and nonsense!

Welcome to my game frustration. Seriously, the rate with which teenagers get into gaming is appalling and they literally lack good manners with how they talk and insult others in the game. This is a complete turn for me in some games.