Register Now
skyfire

How do professional esport gamers make money?

There seems to be not much information out there in the internet on how one can become the esport gamer. And what are some of the ways to monetize this profession. And I am wondering how the people are making money in this profession. Is it purely on the basis of the streaming? Or say youtube? or twitch? Or maybe merchandise selling? or maybe even the gaming company signing them up for some sort of deal? 

How do they make money in such type of the business?

If they are in a team, they get a paycheck from the organization. The organization gets money from sponsors and investors. Some organizations take a percentage of tournament winnings, some leave it all to the players. It really depends on the organization. 

Stream sponsorships are more often with full-time streamers rather than esports players who have sponsors from the organization. If an esports player streams and gets donations, I think all of that money goes to him, but it could also depend on the organization. 

On 3/6/2019 at 8:28 AM, SpaceExplorer said:

If they are in a team, they get a paycheck from the organization. The organization gets money from sponsors and investors. Some organizations take a percentage of tournament winnings, some leave it all to the players. It really depends on the organization. 

Stream sponsorships are more often with full-time streamers rather than esports players who have sponsors from the organization. If an esports player streams and gets donations, I think all of that money goes to him, but it could also depend on the organization. 

On 3/2/2019 at 7:40 AM, Bravosi said:

One of great ways I have noticed for gamers to earn money is by advertising something on their videos/streams. My buddy had a nice deal for $300 to advertise some website. It's a good amount of cash tbh.

On 3/6/2019 at 5:54 PM, killamch89 said:

Sponsorship and Investors but some Esports players do streaming so they can earn from that as well.

While this is partially true, it also is attributed to their performance during events / tournaments.

Why would an investor put money into a nobody or a playerr who doesn't know how to play games?

Guys, there really isn't a secret formula, rthere really isn't an investment or something. What y'all need to do is get to a good eSports initiative and quite literally git gud

3 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

While this is partially true, it also is attributed to their performance during events / tournaments.

Why would an investor put money into a nobody or a playerr who doesn't know how to play games?

Well, yeah, that's a given. Nobody would sponsor a bad football player. The same goes for an esports player.

Once you git gud and get on a team with a decent amount of exposure, people will try to get you to play for or represent them.