Jump to content
Register Now
Sign in to follow this  
Alexander.

CPU over heating

Recommended Posts

My CPU temp is above 100C when I play and the video games always end up crashing. Any ideas? I can't see any problems with my specifications or internal system. The Random Access Memory is 8GB. Thank you in advance!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2019 at 4:42 AM, xXInfectedXx said:

My CPU temp is above 100C when I play and the video games always end up crashing. Any ideas? I can't see any problems with my specifications or internal system. The Random Access Memory is 8GB. Thank you in advance!! 

 

2 hours ago, Bravosi said:

Holy crap. Did you consider cleaning it physically or reinstalling the windows?

What Bravosi said is pretty good for a common solution. You should also see your task manager when you run games and check your specs once more. Something might be wrong with the installation of your components.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you need to watch out some of the background services and the apps that are running in PC. And some of the time it can be pretty difficult to keep up with the  CPU processes that can affect the CPU heat. I also make sure that antivirus is decent and not like Norton that eats up a lot of CPU. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You also need to make sure that nothing is obstructing the vents on your laptop or you will continue to encounter those heating issues. You should also try to invest in a laptop cooler especially one that lifts the laptop off the surface slightly so that your laptop can have proper ventilation as well as cool air.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes in case of laptop keeping it on the bed often leads to more heat. Keep it on wooden or even the metal surface that won't have much effect. But the bed, wool etc those type of stuff definitely increase the heat in the laptop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2019 at 3:16 AM, skyfire said:

Yes in case of laptop keeping it on the bed often leads to more heat. Keep it on wooden or even the metal surface that won't have much effect. But the bed, wool etc those type of stuff definitely increase the heat in the laptop. 

That is a valid point as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I learned about that from experience. I had this HP laptop which I used to keep on bed and the lap for the regular usage. But realized that machine used to get overheat pretty quickly. And it caused that HP laptop to die lot quicker in the due process. So I decided to avoid making use in the places where it gets heated quickly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, skyfire said:

I learned about that from experience. I had this HP laptop which I used to keep on bed and the lap for the regular usage. But realized that machine used to get overheat pretty quickly. And it caused that HP laptop to die lot quicker in the due process. So I decided to avoid making use in the places where it gets heated quickly. 

I learned that within the first month of getting my gaming laptop and that's when I bought myself one of the 5-fan cooling pads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know why but I have noticed the heating issues with the HP and Dell laptops. I have pretty good experience with the mac and the Lenovo. My current machine is lenovo. And it seems like a good option to get it if you don't want machines that get heated up. I avoid AMD for the work place machine for this reason, lot of heat dissipation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, skyfire said:

I don't know why but I have noticed the heating issues with the HP and Dell laptops. I have pretty good experience with the mac and the Lenovo. My current machine is lenovo. And it seems like a good option to get it if you don't want machines that get heated up. I avoid AMD for the work place machine for this reason, lot of heat dissipation. 

My Acer does pretty well and hardly overheats even without the cooling pad. I used to have a Toshiba back in the days that was like a substitute heater - I literally had to open windows and crank up the AC just to use that thing😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes Acer, Lenovo, Toshiba seems to be good. But that is harder to find a good model these days. I have mostly tried the models which ran on the Windows 7. And now that we have Windows 10 not a lot of models that I know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A temporary help until you figure out exactly what the problem is could be to point a really good fan at it. Put the fan on high. I'm not saying it will solve the problem, but it can't hurt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bravosi said:

Mine was the same with fresh windows installition. Figured the driver was corruped, fixed it and no over heating anymore

I think Windows 10 updates often screw with the update. And those type of the things may change things every now and then from what I have seen some of the time with the Widows updates. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...