Register Now
kingpotato

Best Survival games

1 hour ago, skyfire said:

I'd say even the until dawn is a good survival game. Not sure if I made thread about it here. It is the game based on the windigo creature. And it has choice based options which has alternate ending. 

If you did make a thread about it, i don't recall seeing it. I'd be interested in hearing more about this, as I have an interest in the windigo.

Alien Isolation is a great survival/horror game because you had to pretty much had to deal with enemies that adapted to your habits throughout the entire game (Aliens). The music and ambiance are unreal especially when you are detected and the Aliens start chasing you.

On 6/16/2019 at 10:38 PM, skyfire said:

I think alien isolation and any alien and predator games fall into horror and adventure than survival. I think survival games are more like those dead till dawn, until dawn, serious sam etc type of games. 

Actually, Alien Isolation is a survival game because you are on ship full of Aliens trying to survive - it even is listed under the genre Survival.

Yes in case of Solo alien series it can be a survival game. But the AVP sounds more like adventure and action than survival. I mean we are running, solving puzzles and playing roles and attacking too. That sounds like not a survival game. 

On 7/8/2019 at 1:59 PM, skyfire said:

Yes in case of Solo alien series it can be a survival game. But the AVP sounds more like adventure and action than survival. I mean we are running, solving puzzles and playing roles and attacking too. That sounds like not a survival game. 

The fact is it falls under the genre Horror-survival because that is what the devs labelled it to be.

I find it more of to be into survival (referring to alien) and isolation one was more of horror survival. I don't think AVP falls any close to the horror though. I mean there was a reason it becomes multiplayer game. 

On 7/11/2019 at 1:08 PM, skyfire said:

I find it more of to be into survival (referring to alien) and isolation one was more of horror survival. I don't think AVP falls any close to the horror though. I mean there was a reason it becomes multiplayer game. 

I was talking about Alien Isolation - I'm not sure about an of the other Alien games because they were all pretty mediocre/terrible.

On 7/13/2019 at 8:37 AM, skyfire said:

I think AVP games were good but those games are not rebooted if they do reboot it then maybe things would be definitely improved based on current years graphics tools out there. 

On 7/12/2019 at 5:14 PM, killamch89 said:

I was talking about Alien Isolation - I'm not sure about an of the other Alien games because they were all pretty mediocre/terrible.

Any of you guys remember that Alien Vs predator Arcade game where you could choose between 2 humans or 2 predators ??