Register Now
kingpotato

Best Survival games

With Days gone and possibly Last of Us 2 coming this year survival games are strong in these last couple of years. For me Dont starve is at the top of Survival games , that is a true survival game, also RE7 and RE4. I'm Trying to get RE2 and Last of Us remastered soon.

What are the best survival games you played so far ?
(please dont say battle royale...)

A good game is 7 Days to Die - this game's events take place after a nuclear Third World War that destroyed a big part of the world, except for some areas such as the fictional county of Navezgane Arizona. The player is a survivor of the war and must find shelter, food, and water, and scavenge supplies to survive numerous zombies.

The best survival horror games I've played so far are Silent Hill 2, The Evil Within 2, The Last Of Us, Dead Space, Resident Evil Remake and both Resident Evil 2s from 1998 and the more recent 2019 one. All terrific and super creepy games. However, from the game's I've played, some good survival/crafting games worth checking out are 7 Days To Die, Conan Exiles, Don't Starve and Minecraft (on survival mode). 

Edited by DylanC

@skyfire that home sweet home game sure does give me the creeps! RE 7 is the most terrifying one I've played...or rather not played since I was at my friend's house. I quite literally wanted to hide under her bed and had to try my hardest not to scream although I can't because I have a deep voice. Alien Isolation is also a pretty awesome survival game although the first 30 mins to an hour are boring as hell but once it gets going - OH BOY!

On 4/7/2019 at 8:43 PM, killamch89 said:

@skyfire that home sweet home game sure does give me the creeps! RE 7 is the most terrifying one I've played...or rather not played since I was at my friend's house. I quite literally wanted to hide under her bed and had to try my hardest not to scream although I can't because I have a deep voice. Alien Isolation is also a pretty awesome survival game although the first 30 mins to an hour are boring as hell but once it gets going - OH BOY!

One thing about RE7 on normal difficulty is that late in the game you can have so much ammo or health that the fights become more easy. But early in the game you are just going through the rooms with 2 damn bullets.

6 hours ago, kingpotato said:

One thing about RE7 on normal difficulty is that late in the game you can have so much ammo or health that the fights become more easy. But early in the game you are just going through the rooms with 2 damn bullets.

And most zombies in RE 7 don't even go down with 2 shots...Has anyone tried using pepper spray on a zombie or maybe a taser? 

2 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

And most zombies in RE 7 don't even go down with 2 shots...Has anyone tried using pepper spray on a zombie or maybe a taser? 

You can actually one shot them if you have enough accuracy, even with a knife, well I'm not sure what the hell those things where in RE7. Now on RE2 remake those bastards are bullets sponges. 

3 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

You can actually one shot them if you have enough accuracy, even with a knife, well I'm not sure what the hell those things where in RE7. Now on RE2 remake those bastards are bullets sponges. 

Well, the original zombies in RE 2 were also like that so you wouldn't have fared any better in the original game. It's a pity that you can't use items like fire extinguishers or other items you could grab to fight off the zombies as well.

Just now, killamch89 said:

Well, the original zombies in RE 2 were also like that so you wouldn't have fared any better in the original game. It's a pity that you can't use items like fire extinguishers or other items you could grab to fight off the zombies as well.

I think there was a zombie game like that where you could grab almost anything to beat the shit out zombies. Hold on let me google it xD

29 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I found it its called Dead Rising. Havent played it I instantly remembered it when you mentioned the fire extinguishers.

On 4/8/2019 at 9:13 AM, killamch89 said:

I also checked out the beast within. Which is even more creepier because here it has windigo creature in it. So this kind of adds more creepy vibe in the overall game. I'd say if you are fan of the horror then do check these two games out. RE 7 remake looks creepy too. They could have added more scare factor but it'd be taking lot longer to finish game then. 

On 4/9/2019 at 11:22 PM, kingpotato said:

I found it its called Dead Rising. Havent played it I instantly remembered it when you mentioned the fire extinguishers.

I know about the Dead Rising but I was talking about a bit more depth like being able to take up practically anything to help you fight off a zombie.

8 minutes ago, skyfire said:

I also checked out the beast within. Which is even more creepier because here it has windigo creature in it. So this kind of adds more creepy vibe in the overall game. I'd say if you are fan of the horror then do check these two games out. RE 7 remake looks creepy too. They could have added more scare factor but it'd be taking lot longer to finish game then. 

I'll definitely look up the Beast Within although the name does ring a bell. Is it the 1995 game? I also came across a game called the Beast Inside which is an indie horror game that looks very promising.