Register Now
DylanC

Would you buy an all digital console?

Would you buy an all digital console?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy an all digital console?

• Yes
    • No

On 3/31/2019 at 9:25 AM, DylanC said:

Out of curiosity, wound you purchase an all digital console?

Personally, I don't really see anything wrong with doing that as long as you have all the variables needed to have a very good gaming experience with with it. 

The days are over when we used to buy CDs and keep them with utmost care. One single scratch can ruin the whole game. Digital Assets are easy to manage, transport and accessible. 

Obviously you will need a high speed connection with unlimited bandwidth to download AAA games, but that is worth than buying hardcopies. 

2 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

The days are over when we used to buy CDs and keep them with utmost care. One single scratch can ruin the whole game. Digital Assets are easy to manage, transport and accessible. 

Obviously you will need a high speed connection with unlimited bandwidth to download AAA games, but that is worth than buying hardcopies. 

Seriously, without the challenge of internet connection, I don't see any reason why one would have to worry and stress over physical copies. 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, without the challenge of internet connection, I don't see any reason why one would have to worry and stress over physical copies. 

It's not easy for me to download games from online. Most of the game sizes are 20GB+ which is simply too much to handle for bandwidth. Thus, I normally buy hardcopies from local stores. 

53 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

It's not easy for me to download games from online. Most of the game sizes are 20GB+ which is simply too much to handle for bandwidth. Thus, I normally buy hardcopies from local stores. 

With 5G stable internet connection, it's a piece of cake. It's why I stressed that the availability of stable internet connection makes it very easy. 

31 minutes ago, Heatman said:

With 5G stable internet connection, it's a piece of cake. It's why I stressed that the availability of stable internet connection makes it very easy. 

Well, I have 4g volte connection. And the average speed is 5mbps. So the speed is not a matter here. But the carrier charges are high. I get 2GB data per day. Imagine downloading 25GB file. It's impossible.

Edited by Razor1911

15 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

Well, I have 4g volte connection. And the average speed is 5mbps. So the speed is not a matter here. But the carrier charges are high. I get 2GB data per day. Imagine downloading 25GB file. It's impossible.

Yeah, 4G is good but not that good compared to 5G. Once the use of 5G is available all over the world, it's definitely going to make a lot of things very easy. 

On 8/28/2021 at 12:17 PM, Heatman said:

Yeah, 4G is good but not that good compared to 5G. Once the use of 5G is available all over the world, it's definitely going to make a lot of things very easy. 

5G will be even costlier. We don't have 5g connection as of yet, but I am sure the carrier charges will be sky-high. It will be impossible to download such a large files. Ultimately, the cost of bandwidth will cross that of a hardcopy. 😁

2 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

5G will be even costlier. We don't have 5g connection as of yet, but I am sure the carrier charges will be sky-high. It will be impossible to download such a large files. Ultimately, the cost of bandwidth will cross that of a hardcopy. 😁

Well, if you have free Wi-Fi internet connection, you wouldn't really have much to worry about. It's only when you pay for data like some African countries do that it will cost you a lot more. 

On 8/30/2021 at 12:54 PM, Heatman said:

Well, if you have free Wi-Fi internet connection, you wouldn't really have much to worry about. It's only when you pay for data like some African countries do that it will cost you a lot more. 

We don't have WiFi connection here bro. The charges for everything is similar. If I recharge my phone's data plan or for a WiFi/broadband data plan, the cost is almost similar. 😆

5 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

We don't have WiFi connection here bro. The charges for everything is similar. If I recharge my phone's data plan or for a WiFi/broadband data plan, the cost is almost similar. 😆

Then, it's a very big challenge for you in most cases. Having to spend heavily on two fronts while trying to get a video game to play. 

On 8/31/2021 at 7:39 PM, Heatman said:

Then, it's a very big challenge for you in most cases. Having to spend heavily on two fronts while trying to get a video game to play. 

That's why if the game is too large, I buy the hardcopies from the local store. That way, I can even resell the games when completed. Buying online games are good only when the file size is less than 10gb.

1 hour ago, Razor1911 said:

That's why if the game is too large, I buy the hardcopies from the local store. That way, I can even resell the games when completed. Buying online games are good only when the file size is less than 10gb.

Yeah - I believe that there are more people who take such strategies when it comes to how they spend on their games.