Register Now
DylanC

Would you buy an all digital console?

Would you buy an all digital console?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy an all digital console?

• Yes
    • No

Only in the future if they ever force us to go digital and physical games are not a thing anymore. Until then, I won't buy an all digital console, no matter the price difference (unless it was free obviously :p). I just save so much money by buying physical discs.

2 hours ago, Darth said:

Only in the future if they ever force us to go digital and physical games are not a thing anymore. Until then, I won't buy an all digital console, no matter the price difference (unless it was free obviously :p). I just save so much money by buying physical discs.

The challenges that most people face with all digital games is one of the biggest set backs in picking the game over its physical component. Maybe in the future, it's going to be the only way to play. 

Yeah. If they start offering a refund service for digital games on console then it would be slightly better but right now it's not good. I don't want to buy a game digitally, not like it, and then be stuck with it. 

Steam offers refunds if you request one within a hour right?

4 minutes ago, Darth said:

Yeah. If they start offering a refund service for digital games on console then it would be slightly better but right now it's not good. I don't want to buy a game digitally, not like it, and then be stuck with it. 

I don't really know if Steam offer refunds because I haven't really had any experience with requesting for it. 

6 hours ago, Darth said:

Cyberpunk also offered refunds for their game after it came out in an unplayable state with lots of bugs. If you have a valid reason, you can get a refund for most digital games especially if it's within a reasonable timeframe.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Cyberpunk also offered refunds for their game after it came out in an unplayable state with lots of bugs. If you have a valid reason, you can get a refund for most digital games especially if it's within a reasonable timeframe.

It's actually not worth the stress the company's put themselves into when it's possible to get them to refund for a messed up game. The question is why they still let it happen? 

15 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That's news to me. How long we can actually apply for the refund. Suppose I have downloaded a game and after playing for sometime, I am not impressed with the game. Can I return that to steam by applying for a refund? 😆

58 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

That's news to me. How long we can actually apply for the refund. Suppose I have downloaded a game and after playing for sometime, I am not impressed with the game. Can I return that to steam by applying for a refund? 😆

Yeah - I think that it's actually possible to get a refund. A lot of gamers already got their own for the game. 

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah - I think that it's actually possible to get a refund. A lot of gamers already got their own for the game. 

I didn't know that. In that way, I can ask for a bad game that I have bought. Lol😆

I wish I would have known that earlier, some of my games are as pathetic as I could imagine. I could have easily filed for a return for them. 😆

46 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

I didn't know that. In that way, I can ask for a bad game that I have bought. Lol😆

I wish I would have known that earlier, some of my games are as pathetic as I could imagine. I could have easily filed for a return for them. 😆

I'm pretty sure that it's not too late to still try that now. Just try and see what happens with getting your own refund. 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

I'm pretty sure that it's not too late to still try that now. Just try and see what happens with getting your own refund. 

Nope, the games I have bought was a year back, and only a fool will give refund for that. Normally, every refund is bound by a policy that states the correct time limit. In this case, I guess it's 10 days. 

1 hour ago, Razor1911 said:

Nope, the games I have bought was a year back, and only a fool will give refund for that. Normally, every refund is bound by a policy that states the correct time limit. In this case, I guess it's 10 days. 

Poor timing and know having the information on time would be the challenge here. I'm sure if you had know sooner, you'd have pushed for your refund. 

On 9/3/2021 at 2:06 AM, killamch89 said:

Not on console. I don't know what the Xbox policy is, but if you download a game on PlayStation, you can't get a refund for any reason. Cyberpunk was different because the game was such a mess that they had to offer refunds to everyone.

7 hours ago, Darth said:

Not on console. I don't know what the Xbox policy is, but if you download a game on PlayStation, you can't get a refund for any reason. Cyberpunk was different because the game was such a mess that they had to offer refunds to everyone.

Yeah - The company was overly committed not to pay back everything because the backlash would have been too much for them to bear. 

17 hours ago, Darth said:

What about DLCs that we download from Steam or Epic? Does that have refund policy?