Register Now
StaceyPowers

What book universe would make a great game series?

14 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Update on book

I've been reading it the past few days. It is definitely complex. More so than Lord of the Rings. It does bring a creepy fear factor from so many things happening especially when Gods are involved. Great characters. Plot is yet to be emphasized so I keep wondering, which could make or brake it for me. But the mystery just won't allow me to quit. It is very unique. 

Glad you are enjoying it.

The different parts are all unique, and focused on different events and characters. That doesn't mean characters are forgotten they all play integral roles in later parts.

The first book is mostly just character building with not that much happening plot wise. The main plot only really thickens in the latter parts. There were one or two books that were so detached from the rest that I was struggling with them (taking place in an entirely different era), but the overall experience is worth it to get through those.

Anyone have ever explored one of the time traveling hoax? there was one book thaat explained how this social engineering was done. if we remove the hoax aspect of it, they made one good book about it. someday I may post about it here in new thread. it could inspire new game. 

On 10/14/2020 at 12:35 PM, m76 said:

Glad you are enjoying it.

The different parts are all unique, and focused on different events and characters. That doesn't mean characters are forgotten they all play integral roles in later parts.

The first book is mostly just character building with not that much happening plot wise. The main plot only really thickens in the latter parts. There were one or two books that were so detached from the rest that I was struggling with them (taking place in an entirely different era), but the overall experience is worth it to get through those.

Just finished book 1. It's a very brilliant book. Every sentence has purpose and very complex story which was done really well; great characters. I've got book 2 already and gonna buy the whole series, plus all the side novels from other authors. Got some great reading for a long while. Thanks again!

20 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Just finished book 1. It's a very brilliant book. Every sentence has purpose and very complex story which was done really well; great characters. I've got book 2 already and gonna buy the whole series, plus all the side novels from other authors. Got some great reading for a long while. Thanks again!

I haven't read the books from other authors but a world of warning on the other books:

The kharkanas trilogy only has two books completed, the third one is currently in development hell. It is not known if it'll ever be finished. Which is a shame since I enjoyed the first two books, it's more of the same quality as the 10 part main series.

That said the Tales of Bauchelain and Korbal Broach are terrible novels imo. I've tried reading more than one of them and it didn't work out. I got through maybe one and didn't like it at all, the rest I couldn't even finish.

Currently the author Steven Erikson is working on a new series centered on who is probably my least favourite character of the entire Malazan book of the fallen. Not gonig to name the character as that would be a spoiler.

On 10/5/2020 at 4:27 AM, skyfire said:

I think the book series is pretty fun I wonder if they make movie around it and then build the game series later on top. 

I hope they do make a movie out of this.

I'm on book 3 now. I know I know, seems like I'm slow. But these books are like 700-800 pages each. Over 900 pages in book 3 and the others.