Register Now
StaceyPowers

Most underrated sequels

What do you think are some of the most underrated sequels in gaming?

I completed Bioshock 2 for the first time the other night and I thought it was excellent. The weakest of the three? Maybe, but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t amazing in its own right. I feel like it was simply overshadowed by Bioshock 1, and this caused people to overlook it.

The other underrated sequel I’m currently in the middle of is Dragon Age 2. I think I’m in the final “chapter,” so have played through maybe 2/3 of it. A lot of people seem to really hate this game, but I can’t see why. Yes, it has a million side quests, and the plot is somewhat “formless,” but these are things that make it feel lifelike and organic to me.

What are some sequels you’ve enjoyed a lot which you think have been severely underrated?

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - it has a very gripping story, amazing and intriguing characters, lots of plot twists and it also brings up a lot of real-world issues. For some reason though, not a lot of people even know it exists.

Castlevania 2 Simon's Quest (NES)

It seems everyone hated this one, but it quickly became one of my favorite entries in the entire franchise. It's actually the game that made me a Castlevania fan. I liked it a lot better than many Castlevania entries. It was just a lot better story than the first or 3rd one to me. Don't get me wrong, 1 & 3 were great games, but 2 is where it's at IMO.

6 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Castlevania 2 Simon's Quest (NES)

It seems everyone hated this one, but it quickly became one of my favorite entries in the entire franchise. It's actually the game that made me a Castlevania fan. I liked it a lot better than many Castlevania entries. It was just a lot better story than the first or 3rd one to me. Don't get me wrong, 1 & 3 were great games, but 2 is where it's at IMO.

Symphony of the night is the one that really converted me to a Castlevania fan.

17 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Halo 2 is very underrated nowadays, it was very popular when it came out , a lot people didn't like that the ending ended in a cliffhanger. 

Halo 2 was my game back in the days. I used to wreck everybody in multiplayer to the point that nobody wanted to play with me.

11 hours ago, DylanC said:

You know you’re good when no one wants to play with you 😆

It's because I used to pull off some of the most outrageous kills and I did it consistently like hitting someone with a rocket halfway across the map. The only reason they never accused me of cheating was that I wasn't that knowledgeable of how the Xbox works outside of its basic functions. 

3 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

It's because I used to pull off some of the most outrageous kills and I did it consistently like hitting someone with a rocket halfway across the map. The only reason they never accused me of cheating was that I wasn't that knowledgeable of how the Xbox works outside of its basic functions. 

I had a similar problem with Street Fighter II back on the SNES. Whenever it was my turn to play, everyone became disinterested and wanted to go for a cigarette or go to the toilet or make a cup of tea, lol. 

2 minutes ago, DylanC said:

I had a similar problem with Street Fighter II back on the SNES. Whenever it was my turn to play, everyone became disinterested and wanted to go for a cigarette or go to the toilet or make a cup of tea, lol. 

🤣 They even tried teaming up on me to make me finish last but they just end up getting themselves killed...

On 6/7/2019 at 8:33 AM, DylanC said:

I've never had such a "problem" with any game, lol. I'm just not that competent at anything I've played.

On 6/8/2019 at 12:51 PM, StaceyPowers said:

I've never had such a "problem" with any game, lol. I'm just not that competent at anything I've played.

Don't feel bad, I'm sure you'll have that moment in a video game. Mine are usually FPS games because I'm good at anticipating the actions of other players so I tend to catch them completely off-guard. On top of that, I always come up with extremely creative ways to kill people so it's hard to play against me.