Register Now
StaceyPowers

What do you do when you encounter a game-breaking bug?

34 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

They thought they were onto something with the Creation Club but it has backfired spectacularly. I'm not sure why they hate modders either - it's one of the things that always puzzled me.

Perhaps it is a reminder of their humiliation at their own quality control issues. The only reason I can let them off the hook at all for their issues with their games is the sheer breadth of the worlds they create. The task is enormous. Even so, their glitches are just massively shameful.

3 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I hit one with FF8. There was a recent print of the game, but the 4th disc didn't work at all. I tried it in multiple different consoles. Several PS1, PS2, and PS3's. No luck. So I took it back and got another copy. Same thing. I returned it a total of 3 times, and none of the systems even recognized that there was even a disc in them. So I had to go to eBay and get other copies of the game for the 4th disc. The first 3 on that edition worked just fine, but there was no such thing as a 4th disc, as far as each system I tried it in.

So did you ever get a working 4th disc?

2 minutes ago, StaceyPowers said:

Perhaps it is a reminder of their humiliation at their own quality control issues. The only reason I can let them off the hook at all for their issues with their games is the sheer breadth of the worlds they create. The task is enormous. Even so, their glitches are just massively shameful.

I have put them in the EA category which means I'll wait for reviews among other things before even considering to buy. No more getting hyped for a Bethesda game before it launches and lower my expectations so I won't feel let down by them.

1 hour ago, StaceyPowers said:

Yeah. I got an original black label copy on eBay. So I’m able to play the whole game. The only issue now is that I’ve beaten the game so many times, that I don’t even bother playing the 4th disc. It’s too short and easy. It’s boring. So whenever I get to a point on disc 3 after doing pretty much everything, I start a new game file.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

They thought they were onto something with the Creation Club but it has backfired spectacularly. I'm not sure why they hate modders either - it's one of the things that always puzzled me.

They have never made any attempts at working with the community and would rather treat us like cheaters and criminals.

41 minutes ago, skyfire said:

Get money add bugs, release as DLC to fix it. pretty old stuff. 

Uhm.... I don't think DLC fixes bugs... unless you meant the trend of releasing games early and patching them later...

On 10/28/2019 at 8:02 AM, killamch89 said:

I'm not sure what you're trying to say - please explain.

Some DLCs are kind of like fixes to some existing functionalities. Like say some DLCs have this patch thing that I noticed that increases the size of the download. 

9 hours ago, skyfire said:

Some DLCs are kind of like fixes to some existing functionalities. Like say some DLCs have this patch thing that I noticed that increases the size of the download. 

Nowadays, companies rarely use DLCs to patch on going issues within a game. They create dedicated ones to fix a specific issue.