Register Now
StaceyPowers

Challenging yourself to new combat styles on new playthroughs

Just started my third playthrough of Skyrim. The first one, I leveled very badly all over the map before I found a style I like (one handed weapon + conjuration). The second one, I optimized for one handed/conjuration.

This time, I thought I’d challenge myself. I never had an easy time with destruction magic, but I have just gotten through Bleak Falls Barrow without any weapon use, and am going to see if I can go no weapons the entire game. So far, it is difficult, and I am dying a lot, but it’s also been interesting. It’s forced me to do more stealth and plan out some of my attacks instead of just rushing in.

What are some games where you have deliberately tried a very different combat style to your usual on a playthrough? How did it go?

@kingpotato @killamch89 @Alyxx @DylanC @The Blackangel @skyfire

It’s not a video game, but I went through several different hands until I found the right combination that worked for me in Magic: The Gathering. Also it took several years for me to find a play style that really worked for me on FF8. I relied way too heavily on GF’s in the beginning. It’s physical attacks that do the trick for me.