Register Now
Shagger

The Last of Us Part 2 Delayed...Again.

Yes, once again the wait for this hugely anticipated game, like it's the only reason I still live and breath kind of anticipated, has been extended, this time indefinitely due to what Naughty Dog are calling "logistical issues".

EUngGYJUcAAheEq?format=jpg&name=large

Translated, because the world had gone to hell they can't ship physical copies of the game in an effective, timely and predicable matter right now, even though the game itself is actually finished. They could release the game digitally, but they reckon that wouldn't be fair to those who want, and especially pre-ordered, the game on disk. A strange situation that Naughty Dog's characters can handle a shitty situation like this better that they themselves can.

But still, it's hard to blame them. It was inevitable that stuff like this was going to happen as a result of what's going on in the world. This game will not be the only victim of this, just one of the more high profile ones. Hope they keep trying, within reason, to sort this mess out, so we can have the game soon.

Edited by Shagger

The only good thing I can see from the delay is right in what he said.

"The good news is, we're nearly done with development of The Last Of Us Part II. We are in the midst of fixing our final bugs."

Every game, despite honest efforts of honest developers has bugs when it hits the shelves that they didn't catch before it was released. So this delay can give them time to weed out bugs that they missed and give the initial release a better game. I'm not trying to shit on anyone. No one is perfect. But, in my eyes, more time to develop equals better results on the finished product.

On 4/2/2020 at 12:01 PM, Shagger said:

A strange situation that Naughty Dog's characters can handle a shitty situation like this better that they themselves can.

There is definitely a sense of irony there. I am sad that the game is delayed. Although, as a selfish aside, it does mean less time for me to have to avoid spoilers before I can get a copy. And as @The Blackangel mentioned, as they are still weeding out bugs, perhaps this will lead to an improved release when it does finally happen.