Register Now
Sign in to follow this  
Dead2009

This or That: Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat

As more of a casual player I prefer Mortal Kombat.  Easier to "pick up and play", more interesting lore/characters and of course... THE VIOLENCE!!!

Posted (edited)

If I’m picking a character from each game, Guile was my favorite on SF. On MK however, I was partial to Scorpion. But to pick one game over the other, I’m with @Crazycrab on this one. Mortal Kombat is the better game, even though its been decades since I’ve played either.

Edited by The Blackangel

For me its MK, the gore its the best and Im fan of the series. Street Fighter is good but I didnt grew up playing this game so there is no nostalgia.

SF is better suited to be an introduction to fighting games, when you really think about it. It’s really tame, and simple to learn. Using it that way, you will be able to get an idea of your skills and interest in the genre. Do you want gore, or just to see some get a kick in the nuts?

MK?
KI?
SC?

It’s a decent intro to the genre, but by today, that’s about the extent to its usefulness in my opinion.

I'd go with the Mortal Kombat and the Injustice series. I think these two were always better as far as the PVP games were concerned. I won't choose street fighter in such context for the gaming.