Register Now
Spikey

How many controllers?

2 hours ago, Syntax said:

I currently have 2 PS4 controllers, and 2 PS move controllers. Mostly when someone comes over or to use as a backup if mine dies when using it. 

How long you do play regularly is definitely going to be the determining factor on when the controllers would die and need a recharge. 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

My initial first 2 controllers for my PS4 seems like it's getting a bit depleted quickly and I'm already considering dropping it and use my backup. 

Are you sure you got the better controller for your PS4? PS4 controllers I know, stays longer before going weird. 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

My initial first 2 controllers for my PS4 seems like it's getting a bit depleted quickly and I'm already considering dropping it and use my backup. 

Try and have it inspected to be sure but before doing that, how long have you been making use of the console controllers? 

23 hours ago, Boblee said:

Try and have it inspected to be sure but before doing that, how long have you been making use of the console controllers? 

That's seems like a great idea. I would definitely do that and see exactly what's wrong before making any decisions. 

11 minutes ago, Heatman said:

That's seems like a great idea. I would definitely do that and see exactly what's wrong before making any decisions. 

Yes of course, it would get you to know if it's a mechanical issue to be fixed before condemning it for a new purchase. 

On 11/26/2021 at 1:34 AM, Justin11 said:

If it's a mechanical issue it can be fixed, but if the controller is facing a series technical issue then it's simply useless to take to repair, it's simply to go buy new one. 

The extent of damage to the controller is what would determine my next line of action. 

20 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

You're bon point. Because it will determine if the controller is fit in for repairs or not.

Personally, I'm not really a fan of repairing controller because it's not going to last longer after the repair. 

2 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Personally, I'm not really a fan of repairing controller because it's not going to last longer after the repair. 

Even me too, I don't have time to start spending money fixing already aged or dead controller. Because I see the fault as a sign of aging controller. 

9 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Even me too, I don't have time to start spending money fixing already aged or dead controller. Because I see the fault as a sign of aging controller. 

The more you fix them, is the more they still get faulty. I have experienced that over and over again even with my smartphone. 

18 minutes ago, Heatman said:

The more you fix them, is the more they still get faulty. I have experienced that over and over again even with my smartphone. 

Yes, that's how they behave and I wouldn't go on repairing any of them more than I can offer. My second smart phone is having a deemed screen, and I never wanted to change the tough and screen, because it wouldn't signal the end of it's damage, rather it's continuous. 

42 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Yes, that's how they behave and I wouldn't go on repairing any of them more than I can offer. My second smart phone is having a deemed screen, and I never wanted to change the tough and screen, because it wouldn't signal the end of it's damage, rather it's continuous. 

I had the first experience with  my PS2 console controller and it worked for 2 months and had the same failure/fault again. Fixed it for the 2nd time and it repeated the same thing, so I dumped it. 

Edited by Heatman

16 hours ago, Justin11 said:

You're bon point. Because it will determine if the controller is fit in for repairs or not.

Yeah, it's why they are the tech professional that are an expert in handling the hardware. Let them do the job before you decide.